Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Eliminating Cockpit Components in "Vitrual Cockpit"

Guest Guest

I use FS2004 and have downloaded dozens of aircraft. Many of them allow me to look at the unobstructed scenery in any direction when using the "vitrual cockpit" view. Others have windows, bulkheads, etc. that obstruct the view. How do I eliminate these objects to create an unobstructed view? Deleting the JPG,BMP files eliminates the detail texture, but the objects still appear but in gray shades. Thanks.

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

many people do actually use the virtual cockpit to fly from instead of 2D you know Wink

the 'grey blur' is the model - an interior model, IE. opposite to exterior model when in spot view.

if you don't want the VC though go to your fs9.cfg and edit 'seeself=1' to 'seeself=0'

Guest Guest

I searched for the FS9.CFG file, but the computer did not come up with a match. I also manually searched a few aircraft subdirectories and again no file by that name. I'm a bit confused, because some aircraft have no virtual cockpit while others do so there must be a file specific to each aircraft. One of the reasons I want to eliminate this feature, at least on some aircraft, is because the virtual cockpits of some planes are messed up with views that don't align in the window, missing sections of the plane, black screens instead of a view, etc. I'd like to repair these by eliminating the interior components in the virtual cockpit view so I easily view the scenery outside. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

This will depend on the OS. Copied from Readme.rtf in the FS9 main directory.

The fs9.cfg file is located in:
o Windows 2000 and Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\FS9.
o Windows 9x and Windows ME: \WINDOWS\Application Data\Microsoft\FS9

FS9.cfg is a hidden file & you must set your Folder Options to Show Hidden Files or when searching under advanced options tick "Search Hidden Files and Folders".

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Guest wrote:

I use FS2004 and have downloaded dozens of aircraft. Many of them allow me to look at the unobstructed scenery in any direction when using the "vitrual cockpit" view. Others have windows, bulkheads, etc. that obstruct the view. How do I eliminate these objects to create an unobstructed view? Deleting the JPG,BMP files eliminates the detail texture, but the objects still appear but in gray shades. Thanks.

You don't really have to eliminate any objects to have an unobstructed view in any aircraft.

All you have to do is to cycle through different views while in your Default View (2D Panel) - I think in fs9 it's called Cockpit View.

Use your W Key to cycle through 3 different views. Looking around you do as usual by using your head switch on top of your flight stick or by using 4 5 6 1 2 3 on your Num Pad.