SearchSearch 

downloaded aircraft dont work in simobjects\aurplanes

jimyjoe Guest

I have downloaded a few aircraft addons, and placed them within simobjects/airplanes. I have made sure the panels/sounds/models folders are in the main folder (eg, simobjects\airplanes\concord\FILES)

When i load FSX, i do not see any new airplanes. I have looked at many tutorials, and the only thing i am confused with is the CFG file. All i have are XML files... is this right? or should i have a cfg file? all the default planes seam to use cfg files.

Thanks for the help

3 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

jimyjoe wrote:

I have downloaded a few aircraft addons, and placed them within simobjects/airplanes. I have made sure the panels/sounds/models folders are in the main folder (eg, simobjects\airplanes\concord\FILES)

When i load FSX, i do not see any new airplanes. I have looked at many tutorials, and the only thing i am confused with is the CFG file. All i have are XML files... is this right? or should i have a cfg file? all the default planes seam to use cfg files.

Thanks for the help

I think you should take a deep breath and take a step at a time.

You've downloaded a/c add-ons... where those for FSX?

I have made sure the panels/sounds/models folders are in the main folder (eg, simobjects\airplanes\concord\FILES)

Why don't you mention the texture folder(s) in the same context?

You've looked at many tutorials... -- where they for FSX?

the main folder (eg, simobjects\airplanes\concord\FILES)

Are you saying you've put a Concorde into FSX? Is it compatible? What's the meaning of \FILES ... at the end of your path?

There are plenty of .cfg files all over the place. The ones you're probably referring to are the aircraft.cfg files. Each aircraft has one. It will be included in the aircraft folder.

The aircraft folder must contain a minimum of six (6) files of which four (4) are folders -- otherwise you don't have a complete aircraft.

These are the files:

4 Folders: Model - Panel - Sound - Texture

2 Files: aircraft.cfg - .air

XML files are usually gauges associated with non-FSX aircraft.

Pro Member First Officer
Charlie10 First Officer

Some require a "gauge" folder as well. I don't know o any concorse jet that is FSX compatible. If it doesn't show up in your aircraft choices, it is likely NOT tweakable even for minimal use in FSX

Pro Member First Officer
Charlie10 First Officer

Pardon my typo - Concord