P-51 Mustang

Pro Member First Officer
leadfoot First Officer

I dnld the latest P-51 from your site the other day. It really cooks, I'll tell you. I was chasing 737s out of Lindbergh Field KSAN with it but I couldn't keep it up for long, the 737 started pulling away pretty quick above 3000' It'll do 385 kts = 440 mph at 25000'. Of course I wanted to get more umpf out of it, so I tinkered with it a little. I reset the boost to 72 inhg instead of the stock 61 in. I also reset the critical altitude--- 30000' instead of 25000'. I think the increase in crit. alt. is more realistic since the P-51 regularly fought at alt. higher than 25000'. I took it up to 30000' and firewalled it. How does 420+ kts = 483 mph sound to ya? I can keep up with the 737s now through 12000', and climb at 5000'+ fpm. It's a blast. shhhhhhhhh! Don't let the Feds know! 😂

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Try to get a screenshot, we'd like to see that.

You've really learned how to "goose" up the aircraft haven't you, very cool! Is it always the same one line in the config?

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Timothy (Moab) Trainee

Aye the P-51 is aces, was always my first love plane back in the day when my pop took me to airshows.

Pro Member First Officer
leadfoot First Officer

I don't know how to do a screen shot and send it. When I tinker with performance I go to the aircraft config files and look for max manifold pressure and reset to what I want ( always remembering what it was origionaly), then I do likewise with the critical altitude setting. I can cruise at 350+kts = 400+mph 30000' at 47 inhg man. pressure and 2700 rpm on the engine. Sure beats the hell out a Mooney, does'nt it? 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I have a friend who wants to get a "little more" out of his Beach Baron, I'll let him know, thanks.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...