FSX instrument checkride

emanonpettis Guest

Hello. I've been wading through all the posts regarding instrument check rides, and still can't get it. I can make it to Parkk just fine. Thats when I run into problems. As soon as she says turn left and climb, I pause, and set nav1 obs to 140. Yet as Im reading posts that setting seems to vary from 145 to one 160.

Thats my 1st issue: whats the best setting for obs as I start to make the left from Parkk. Next issue....when she says proceed directly to Sea Vor does that mean I again adjust the osb until it shows a direct approach, or do I leave it set to 140 and turn when I intercept that line?

Now, last but not least, I can't visualize the entry into the holding pattern. After coming to 160 after Parkk, that puts me crossing Sea from the west correct? As I see it, that means I need to do a tear drop after crossing Sea to come back to 320, pass over it again, turn 180 and fly 1 min, and turn again 180 to come back and pass over Sea?

Worst part about all this is after a zillion attempts, getting to the parkk intersection is about as challenging as watching paint dry. It so annoying to constantly waste 20 mins getting there every attempt.

Thanks for any details anyone can add to this....just can't skip this checkride, I'm too stubborn (or stupid) one could say....

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

What are you talking about... FSX or FS2002?

mxr Guest

when i get to parkk she says i failed because i didndt track the 339 course?
WTF??
whats the problem ?
ive tried like 70 times an dshe keeps saying that i didnt track 339 course ???

emanonpettis Guest

got it now. Learned one important thing....use your autopilot if you want to. Even though it says its disabled, it still works, and takes one bit of hassle out of the flight.

Will try to make this short, but here is what worked for me.

Autopilot on to keep you on track. When you get to the runway the first time, make sure you are just a bit to the left of it, and follow that "leftish" heading until you reach parkk. When she tells you turn left to 160, set the heading bug to that, and again hit autopilot. (I only used it to maintain a heading).

As soon as she says turn left, reset you obs to about 155 so that it shows a to flag to sea. Once she says proceed direct to sea, just pick a heading (around 150-155) that will get you heading over the sea vor. At .4 dme reset your obs to 140, and cross over the vor.

As soon as I crossed the vor, I headed left to about 105, and flew for a minute. (this set me up to make the teardrop entry into the holding pattern. After about a minute, I turned again to the 140 heading. Give it about 10-15 seconds on the 140, and make a right back onto the 320 heading. This gives you time to fine tune your heading back to the sea vor. Cross the sea vor and again right turn to 140, fly one minute or so, and right turn to 320. Using the autopilot when you make all these changes helps, just remember to set the heading bug.

It took a bit of fine tuning to get the headings and times I flew them until I finally crossed the vor just right, on the 320 heading. After that, it was cake.

uturn3 Guest

but what didyou do after that

uturn Guest

and did you pass checkride, if so how? tell me step by step, i can get that far then it flies the 326 out bound then where do you set the radios and obs, is it 130 and nav1 radio to 110.90 just afteryou pass vor to set up for ils i would sure liker to know?

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...