Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

My visit to LAX (Los Angeles International)

Pro Member First Officer
PH First Officer

Good pictures. Do you know what the DC10 was in for? Looks like major overhaul or stripping down.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

Don't believe a word of it.

Those kids could be anyone 🙂

Also, the aircraft you are in the cockpit of appears to be in a car park somewhere.

Pro Member First Officer
Matt (mattdean) First Officer

Nice pics 🙂

The ones where you are sitting in the cockpit look like you have taxed and parked in some kinda supermarket car park 😂

murjax Guest

Insight wrote:

Also, the aircraft you are in the cockpit of appears to be in a car park somewhere.

Can you stop critizing Hyepilot? Yes

Pro Member First Officer

murjax wrote:

Insight wrote:

There is a difference between criticizing and humouring somebody. 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

I can identify the airport as KLAX. There is a fence between the aircraft in the "cockpit" picutes and the parking lot. The trees in the parking lot are types that grow in Los Angeles. They are wearing the same clothes in the cockpit as they are sitting in the engine. There are people named Ohanian living in Laguna Hills.

These pictures might just be legitimate.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

murjax wrote:

Insight wrote:

No I can't Hyepilot

Munkeh Guest

It's about time you left, or got banned, hyepilot. You really are a little boy. Wait till you grow up into the real world, kid.

Pro Member First Officer
PH First Officer

Hyepilot- Don't listen to them, whats done is done I think you have made mistakes, everyone needs to move on. If you do not like the thread people don't read it! I think reading comments on here most of us need to grow up.
You are very lucky to have access to the DC10. As suggested, great pics.

Pro Member First Officer
ARD-DC First Officer

nice shots! thanks for posting; must have been a thrill to experience; I only wish I would have had that opportunuty at that age 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Cool shots ❗ 🍻

Pro Member First Officer
George (OrlandoGeorge) First Officer

Those pics are very very good. Thanks for sharing them with us.

7dream8liner7 Guest

Nice pictures! 😀 😎

Where did you get that new flag in your sig, Hyepilot?

Pro Member First Officer
TimH First Officer

Guys, you dont have to be so hard on HyePilot

I believe those pictures are genuine, and that he really was there

A lot of you really seem to have a problem. Sure there was mistakes made in the past, but what could possibly be so malevolent about sharing pictures of a visit he made? You all act like he insulted you personally and that you need a reason to fight back. What happened to the civility on this forum?

To every person who posted who decided to have a go at HyePilot for thinking his pictures might be fake, did you ever do something wrong in your life, or make a mistake? Whether it was in school, work, general social circles etc? Ever wish you could start on a clean plate after a 'mess' you made? But maybe you are remembered for this mistake that you made, and wish you werent because it might be affecting your reputation

You dont have to reply back or anything, but I know for sure nearly everyone has done something they wish they didnt, and dearly want to start on a clean plate

This forum used to be civil. I dont know what has happened to it. Maybe its just the size of it now, there are so many of us people, most of us different but all share the common love of flying, whether we are new to it or expierenced.

When you joined this forum, did you join with the intention of fighting with each other? Or did you join with the intention of sharing with other people your love of flying and flight simulation. There is enough fighting going on between countries in the real world to start with it here.

The forum isnt an enjoyable place anymore, like it used to be.

Sorry for taking over your thread with a long post HyePilot

Tim

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

I don't believe him.

I am entitled to that opinion and I am entitled to express it.

If you don't like the opinion, ignore it.

🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain

TimH wrote:

Tim

I am curious about something. You appear to be more distressed about this than Hyepilot. Might I ask why?

Pro Member First Officer

Okay so it's up to us who have been around here for a year or two or more to return the civil discourse on the forum. Let's lead by example and be men about it. Take the high road not sides. Take it cafeteria style if you want? Take what you want ..and leave the rest. We can share a lot of interesting and helpful information regarding our hobby here and I have personally made a few friends along the way. Exchange discs in the mail and take an interest in what's going on w/ one another. Let's take it from here gents. back to the days of collegiality here on the board and forum. I know you will do this. -Thanks for the help with it.

Pro Member Chief Captain

🙄 Let me see if I have this right. Somone scams this forum big-time, but those who take him to task, are considered the bad guys. This era of political correctness has gone too far. If people can't say what they think, what is the point of conversing?

Civility is one thing, not being able to express one's opinion, is another. If people are so frightened by disagreement, then maybe they should ask Flyaway to remove the off topic forum and to quickly remove off topic posts from all other forums. Of course, if that happens, this site will become extremely boring and a lot of people will leave.

Since I appear to be nearly alone in thinking that trampling on freedom of thought and speech is a bad ide, I am taking a vacation before I have to listen to another "Rodney King" speech.

Munkeh Guest

I honestly wonder if some of you have ever had a 2 sided conversation. Some of are you really bizzare. HyePilot is an idiot, along with being the worlds worst scammer. Anyone who disagrees with me is wrong.

Pro Member First Officer
TimH First Officer

CrashGordon wrote:

TimH wrote:

Tim

I am curious about something. You appear to be more distressed about this than Hyepilot. Might I ask why?

Not just this in specifically. Its the whole forum in general that is starting to annoy me.

I think its a common thing that eventually dooms all forums of a large size. I suppose we just have to live the new FAS way

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

Or avoid all the posts where people are expressing opinions?

Oh wait, that is every post 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
TimH First Officer

I dont mind the expressing the opinions in a way, its just the plain rudeness in some members

The Civility sticky, how civil did that stay? How civil is the forum?

Dont say that Crosscheck9 left the forum because people were expressing their opinions?

At his school, when people were unfairly treating him like dirt because of his country of origin, and calling him a terrorist because of his country of origin, is that just expressing their opinion?

Pro Member First Officer

The world is experiencing a period of serious and real upheaval and it's reflected in this forum and venue as well as it is everywhere else. In all free countries especially. America is losing many sons everyday because of this scourge and we are upset about what is happening but know that we must persevere and keep our head up. This too shall pass, but it will take time.

Munkeh Guest

OrlandoGeorge wrote:

The world is experiencing a period of serious and real upheaval and it's reflected in this forum and venue as well as it is everywhere else. In all free countries especially. America is losing many sons everyday because of this scourge and we are upset about what is happening but know that we must persevere and keep our head up. This too shall pass, but it will take time.

You forgot to say daughters too, to be more politically correct. 😂

Pro Member Trainee
HelpsJ Trainee

may i ask you Hyepilot whether that was the Uncle with the 747? 😂

7dream8liner7 Guest

Some of you people need to forgive Hyepilot for his mistakes. He has his visitor's pass for this and pictures of himself and his brother and you still don't believe him?
Hyepilot is still young and young people make mistakes, trust me, I'm still young.

It's things like these that make me and other guests hesitant about joining the forum.

Pro Member First Officer

For what it's worth to ya I believe you Hye. Keep posting, you are a good guy.

BTW, your Grandpa looks like a great man.

OG.

Pro Member Chief Captain

7dream8liner7 wrote:

Some of you people need to forgive Hyepilot for his mistakes. He has his visitor's pass for this and pictures of himself and his brother and you still don't believe him?
Hyepilot is still young and young people make mistakes, trust me, I'm still young.

It's things like these that make me and other guests hesitant about joining the forum.

Forgiving and believing are two different things. It takes a while to restore a trust level after one's credibility goes down the tubes. I did about 40 minutes of research before concluding the LAX pictures were probably genuine.

Pro Member Chief Captain

HyePilot wrote:

It's all real man, thanks for looking and checking, figuring it would be fake since my brother posted all those othere threads, but these were real.

Well, don't get mad at me, but I am still not sure of the, "my brother did it", story. 😂 😂 😂

Guest Guest

This is the internet, so surely it does not matter if someone is believed or not because I very much doubt that anyone knows anyone else on here personally.

This might sound Controversial, but if this forum or any forum for that matter was nicey nicey all the time then it could become a very boring place. I'm not agreeing with malicious offensive remarks, but a bit of banter or a debate does keep it interesting.

Pro Member First Officer

I do not know anyone here personally either but do have what I would call a few friends. We have emailed and exchanged software via US mail. Met them here on Fly Away. Take an interest in what some are doing and make some friends. This is a good place. Much knowledge and experience with the program. I for one have picked up some good ideas that I would not have thought of on my own. We can learn alot from others.

Guest Guest

OrlandoGeorge wrote:

I do not know anyone here personally either but do have what I would call a few friends. We have emailed and exchanged software via US mail. Met them here on Fly Away. Take an interest in what some are doing and make some friends. This is a good place. Much knowledge and experience with the program. I for one have picked up some good ideas that I would not have thought of on my own. We can learn alot from others.

Yeah true its good place for knowledge and advice, but to call anyone a freind on here I can't agree with. Someone might come across decent, but an internet forum is a very impersonal enviroment. For all you know that decent person might be some kind of bank robber or someone you might rather dislike if you met 🙂.

Munkeh Guest

7dream8liner7 wrote:

No it isn't. The thing that makes me hesitate is some moron, who says his uncle owns an flys a 747, then has a fake 7 page converstion, pretends to meet someone on board, pretends to fly a cessna, says his account has been hijacked, then his youtube one. All of this in the space of a few days. Then we learn, he's caused as much trouble as that on other forums.

Face it. He won't change. He is a naive little boy who needs to grow up.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Munkeh wrote:

7dream8liner7 wrote:

No it isn't. The thing that makes me hesitate is some moron, who says his uncle owns an flys a 747, then has a fake 7 page converstion, pretends to meet someone on board, pretends to fly a cessna, says his account has been hijacked, then his youtube one. All of this in the space of a few days. Then we learn, he's caused as much trouble as that on other forums.

Actually, people calling others morons might dissuade a few from joining. Additionally, if you can't come up with something better than calling people names, you might consider that his explanation can neither be proved nor disproved.

Would you call someone who commited a crime but entered a not guilty plea in court, a moron. Would they still be a moron if they were acquitted?

How many people in history have tried to cover up their misdeeds. Were they all morons?

Munkeh Guest

CrashGordon wrote:

Munkeh wrote:

7dream8liner7 wrote:

Actually, people calling others morons might dissuade a few from joining. Additionally, if you can't come up with something better than calling people names, you might consider that his explanation can neither be proved nor disproved.

Would you call someone who commited a crime but entered a not guilty plea in court, a moron. Would they still be a moron if they were acquitted?

How many people in history have tried to cover up their misdeeds. Were they all morons?

Why would me calling a moron a moron dispute someone from joining? Aslong as they read the thread, it's obviously to see why it originated.

And, I think the biggest thing stopping guests joining is the $5 charge. After all, all you get is a load of out of date files that can be found on avsim for free, plus a forum that is going down the pan.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Munkeh wrote:

Why would me calling a moron a moron dispute someone from joining? Aslong as they read the thread, it's obviously to see why it originated.

Because you are attacking the person rather than his actions. Also, I think you meant discourage, rather than dispute.

And, I think the biggest thing stopping guests joining is the $5 charge. After all, all you get is a load of out of date files that can be found on avsim for free, plus a forum that is going down the pan.

You pay for the ability to edit your mistakes. 😂

Munkeh Guest

CrashGordon wrote:

Yeah, aren't you meant to be on "vacation" ? 🙂

Pro Member First Officer

Munkeh wrote:

CrashGordon wrote:

Aren't you meant to be bothering your mother for some money to afford to join?

It's just people will take you more seriously that way 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
TimH First Officer

HyePilot, your brother does seem a bit young I'll admit to post all those pictures and cut the borders off and everything

If it is true, which it might be, I suggest you change your password

Few tips:

Either change your password to something really long and difficult. Seeing as your older than your brother you may know some words he doesnt. If you a bit of a foreign language and your brother doesnt, even better.

Change your password frequently, such as once every week

Pro Member Chief Captain

Munkeh wrote:

CrashGordon wrote:

I intended to, but realized that too many mice would be playing while the cat was away. 😂

7dream8liner7 Guest

Hyepilot, why did you change the flag in your signature. Are you a traitor to our country?
😂 😎

Pro Member First Officer

Everybody get their egos under control and we will all get along more than otherwise expected. -What flights are you planning or what are you doing now in Flight Simulator? Where do you fly? Where would you like to fly? Night or day?..Hours? Hummmm ..Well, do you like to fly by night and land in far off destinations or do you perfer daytime flights and hops like normal people? I can tell you exactly what I like to do in Flight Sim but no one ever asked me. I am a 2 yr experienced pilot in the Sim and was in a virtual VA for a good while and have the discipline to complete flights. Do you know the satisfaction of seeing things through? Do you know fatigue after miles of ocean or are you...? Drop the knowledge and test your skill. It's not a contest ..just an inquiry. --Real people come to the fore.

Last edited by George (OrlandoGeorge) on Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:55 am, edited 12 times in total
7dream8liner7 Guest

I hate when people start arguing in the forums.

Hyepilot, what happened with the Armenian flag?

Pro Member Chief Captain

7dream8liner7 wrote:

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:20 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hyepilot, why did you change the flag in your signature. Are you a traitor to our country?

First you ask him if he is a traitor to a country he no longer lives in and now you expect a civil answer.

I know if someone suggested I was a traitor, I would be inclined to suggest where they should place their question.

Pro Member First Officer

Crash must be an American or Western European. Same as me? I am an American and will be till the day I die. An untold sum until the chips fall and then it's payback time. I get your meaning and I feel the same. If I am wrong let me know.

"A little excuse a little to late is much to late." -GOD bless AMERICA!

"Thou shalt sink or thou shalt swim. It's up to YOU." -USA.

Pro Member Chief Captain

As soon as I figure out what you said, I will try to answer. 😂 😂 😂

I think the point I was trying to make was that with all the crap this kid is trying to dig himself out of, the last thing needed is for someone to call him a traitor for changing the flag in his sig.

By the way, I erred in my previous post by referring to a country in which he no longer lives. I have no evidence that he has ever lived anywhere but the US.

Munkeh Guest

HyePilot wrote:

I want this thread to be a nice thread, no arguing or apposed yelling

You are not a moderator. Although probbers a wannabe.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Munkeh wrote:

HyePilot wrote:

I want this thread to be a nice thread, no arguing or apposed yelling

You are not a moderator. Although probbers a wannabe.

probbers??????????????

Munkeh Guest

A local abbreviation for probably, thought you'd question it.

Pro Member Chief Captain

I'm dependable that way. 😉 I hope we can use telepathy soon. At the rate we are destroying the language, written and spoken forms of communication will be meaningless in almost no time.

Pro Member First Officer
TimH First Officer

Probbers 😂

Never heard that one before

Sounds like the art of prodding someone with a pencil (first thing that came into my head when I heard that lol)

Munkeh Guest

TimH wrote:

Probbers 😂

Never heard that one before

Sounds like the art of prodding someone with a pencil (first thing that came into my head when I heard that lol)

😂

My school days are coming back Poke in Eye

Pro Member First Officer

Adios guys, see you in the other threads. Whistle

7dream8liner7 Guest

CrashGordon wrote:

7dream8liner7 wrote:

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:20 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First you ask him if he is a traitor to a country he no longer lives in and now you expect a civil answer.

I know if someone suggested I was a traitor, I would be inclined to suggest where they should place their question.

I was KIDDING, did you not see the 😂 😎 ?

I SINCERELY apologize for any misconceptions.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Sorry, I've seen so many smilies, they're beginning to look alike.

7dream8liner7 Guest

It happens.

Allow me to clarify more:
Hyepilot and I are both half Armenian, but born in the U.S. and live here. In his signature, he always had an Armenian flag, but I saw that it had been replaced and I wanted to know why, although his Armenian pride is still present in his name (but you would only know that if you were Armenian).
Hyepilot is not a traitor.

Pro Member Chief Captain

It must be very interesting meal time. The variety of food should be outstanding.