Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

free concorde help!

Pro Member Trainee
Mattnao Trainee

is there any really good concorde freeware available? please help!

Jamie4590 Guest

I don't think so. All the finer things in life come with a price.

www.sstsim.com

Pro Member First Officer
pilatflyr First Officer

jamie4590, i beg to differ

There is an absolutely fabulous freeware model at https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2617/fs2004-fsx-concorde-collection/

The opening menu might be in french, but just click on project mach 2, and you'll see the best freeware concorde ever.

You can independantly download each aspect of the aircraft, and they have so many liveries it's overwhelming at times. The only downside is that there are a lot of downloads that you need just to get the damn thing running. But it comes with a great VC once you've gotten everything installed. I swear you won't be dissapointed

Pro Member Trainee
HelpsJ Trainee

😞 i tried to get that Mach 2 Concorde to work... when ever i click Fly Now it closes FS... anybody have any ideas?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

HelpsJ wrote:

😞 i tried to get that Mach 2 Concorde to work... when ever i click Fly Now it closes FS... anybody have any ideas?

Many people have had problems with it in the past. Only a very few seem to have had problem free installations.
My guess is that during the installation many important files are overwritten which can create havoc depending on what other add-ons have already been installed.
A pristine installation of fs9 would probably be the best way to get a satisfying result with the Mach 2 Concorde. Idea

Jimjim Guest

the problem with it closeing fs is to do with the panel i downloaded each peice idervidualy and when i downloaded the panel it did not work.

Jimjim

Pro Member First Officer
pilatflyr First Officer

but as lots of us will know that if it somehow runs exactly as it should, it's the best freeware out there. the vc doesn't works really well for me though. the textures don't show up

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

pilatflyr wrote:

but as lots of us will know that if it somehow runs exactly as it should, it's the best freeware out there. the vc doesn't works really well for me though. the textures don't show up

As I said before, the key is a successful installation. Failing that, you'll be looking down the barrel of endless frustration.

Get this one instead: http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=&FileName=tu144.zip&Author=&CatID=root

I know it's not the Concorde, but it looks better, is easy to install and actually flies.

Pro Member First Officer
pilatflyr First Officer

I already have it 😂 and I like it a lot. But there's just something about the Concorde that always amazes me

Pro Member Captain
earthqu8kes Captain

this is an important announcement (not really): very few people have gotten the mach 2 concorde to work...so dont even bother...thank you for listening to this announcement. 😉

Pro Member First Officer
pilatflyr First Officer

Here's another one. those who have successfully used the Mach 2 concorde would say that it's the best freeware Concorde available. Sure it has it's downsides, but for freeware there's none better.

now let's just stop and call it even. 😉

Jamie4590 Guest

I've seen some exterior screen shots for the Mach 2 Concorde and I have to say visually its poor. Especially the afterburners. As I've said before though I'm not knocking the author as they made it freeware but for the best Concorde experience you need to put your hand in your pocket.

The Concorde by Altitude Software and the SSTSIM model are the best (and only) payware and have great technical support at SSTSIM.com

When it comes to getting to grips with the INS the support forums there will be invaluable.

Pro Member First Officer
pilatflyr First Officer

there's also concorde professional. i use that one. it's VERY complex though

Pro Member First Officer
Charlie10 First Officer

The TU-144 is quite similar and gives you something to compare the Concorde to. There are a few free versions of the TU-144 out there.