SearchSearch 

MY graphics card question

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

Alright, Im here, I have brought a new computer (still waiting for it to come in the mail), and now I have a graphics card question

You see, with a dual core pentium D and 3GB of ram, the new computers going to fall behind with its video card. A geforce 7300 GS. Now what I need is a new video card I could get for it. My budget is- well there is no budget really, just keep it as cheap as you can. I sort of want "biggest bang for your bucks" kind of thing.

Now I was looking at the Geforce 7300 GT

http://www.nvidia.com/page/geforce_7300.html

It relitavely cheap, but its performance is 50-100% better than the GS.
Surprised Also, its meant to overclock real nice, which I might think about when I have some money and want some fun 😂

So what do you people think? Try keeping the price under 60 pounds

3 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

Well, if you want the creme de la creme you can get the direct x10 compatible Nvidia GeForce 8800, The worls best at teh moments, but pricey, Costing 500-900$. Otherwise, I would targert a 7800 or 7900. I can sell you a 7900GT manila version 256mb for 200$.

Pro Member First Officer
Greg West (BashDaBish) First Officer

I used to have a 7300GT in SLi and I agree....it is a good card. I got some cracking results with FS9 and FSX. However, I could not run either on max settings.
7300GT has 8 pixel pipelines; 7900GTO has 24 pixel pipelines. Good fast cards are no good with only 8.
So, I opted for a single MSI 7900GTO 512mb which runs FS9 at full. I haven't finished mucking about with FSX to make a fair comparison but it is already better in terms of FPS.

The 7900GTO is basically a 7900GTX just slightly underclocked memory. The GTX has been considered one of the best cards you can buy. The GTO now retails at around £160 GBP.

So for the best value I would go with the 7900GTO.

But for future DX10 I would go with the best 8800 you could get as per hms_endeavour's suggestion.

Hope this helps.

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

alright, so what youre saying is that I should save my money a little more and go for gold? Sounds like a plan... 🤔