Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Any Brits old enough to remember this?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

The first aircraft i ever flew on was a Britannia 737-200 about 72/73 when i was 9 or 10 from Cardiff to Majorca (Mallorca in fs), and it looked just like this. No cheek from you young un's, ahh those were the days!

Last edited by Welshflyer on Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

That's the SGA / Kittyhawk -200 uploaded only recently... you beat me to it. I've downloaded the textures but they got stuck in my backlog of uninstalled files. Very appealing livery - caught my eye instantly ...but, no I can't remember those days and I've actually never flown with Britannia Airways.

I take it they are no longer flying?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Nice shot and textures Thumbs Up!

Thomson took over Brittania Airways:

http://eu.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/1/4/4/1136441.jpg

Pro Member First Officer
pilatflyr First Officer

I like the plane, and I've gotta get it soon. I'm looking to do my next circumnavigation in one of those

Pro Member First Officer
kieranja First Officer

i flew with the old britania when i was 7. to majorca aswell lol from cardiff to.

they wear shit lol plane was stinking dirty they didnt clean it for 3 trips as it was late ariving for all 3

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Sorry, i deleted the image a while ago. I was suprised someone answered this post now. I honestly can't remember the state of the aircraft as i was so excited about flying for the first time!

Pro Member Trainee
dl295 Trainee

the last aircraft i flew on was a boeing 707 (i can't believe that NATO still use these) withe those tiny little engines on them, not like the awesome power of the british e-3d engines, same airframe only you feel alot safer with the bigger engines.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

A couple of people have had a look here now so i thought i'd re-post a couple of shots of this classic.

Pro Member Trainee
dl295 Trainee

heres one for the really old ( or more mature) who flew on a Comet???

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Oooooh! I'm old but not that old! Shocked Very Happy

Pro Member Trainee
dl295 Trainee

my dad yaps on about when he went on the BOAC ones that shows his age me thinks

Pro Member Trainee
mikehorne Trainee

The old britannia 737-200's have long gone, some to south america & a couple were taken by Ryanair and based at Stansted. from memory (i think) European Aviation based at Bournmouth have one of the last Britannia 737-200 still operating painted in F1 livery and parading the regestration G-FIGP......! how do i know... well i work at Stansted Airport and have been there about 12 years.

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Thanks for the insight Mikehorn! Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Welcome to Flyaway mikehorne Very Happy , where did you dig this up from i thought it was long gone Shocked ! Oh and same as VegasFlyer thanks for the info!