Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

expert missions

Pro Member First Officer
2robplaying First Officer

Has anyone managed to land the stricken "747 test flight"?

Pro Member First Officer

FINE!I'll keep trying.

Pro Member Trainee
TJbaron Trainee

I couldn't finish it either. Things went bad when instructed to stall the aircraft. I didn't recover and fell right out of the sky. Sad

Pro Member Trainee
sharppc1500 Trainee

No problem. Except 3 engines Wink

Used Flap 20 = same as on B-757 single engine. Then when I lost nr 3. Took the flaps up to 10. Then on very short final full flaps and landed.

but ok Im also flying a real B-757 Wink

Pro Member Trainee
sharppc1500 Trainee

dont take flap up to 10 unless you have speed to do it Wink

Pro Member First Officer

I MANAGED TO GET IT RIGHT LAST NIGHT.TIME TO GO BACK TO THE OIL RIG.

I had the urge to try out this mission after I read this post. It was actually pretty simple to do. With all that altitude you have, you can easily glide to the runway. I actually had to circle around the VOR a couple times to lose altitude. Learn to use rudder trim. It helps alot.

Pro Member Trainee
VinnyTS3 Trainee

I AM EXPERT AT AT THE OIL RIG MISSION !!! AND SUPERB AT THE 747 FLIGHTS. AFTER ALL I DO WORK ON OIL RIGS AND GO TO WORK IN A HELICOPTER, AND I CAN TELL YOU...WHAT I SEE THE PILOTS DO IN THE REAL THING, ID SAY ITS 100 % SAME OPERATIONS AS FSX ! I COULD FLY THE REAL THING !

Pro Member First Officer
Matt (mattdean) First Officer

VinnyTS3 wrote:

I AM EXPERT AT AT THE OIL RIG MISSION !!! AND SUPERB AT THE 747 FLIGHTS. AFTER ALL I DO WORK ON OIL RIGS AND GO TO WORK IN A HELICOPTER, AND I CAN TELL YOU...WHAT I SEE THE PILOTS DO IN THE REAL THING, ID SAY ITS 100 % SAME OPERATIONS AS FSX ! I COULD FLY THE REAL THING !

That's nice for you. Oh and you have your CAPS LOCK key on just incase you didn't realise. Rolling Eyes

Pro Member First Officer

I can get the first two soles off the oil rig and complete the mission, but I can't get the third without being blown up or set on fire.
Anyone managed all three?if so where do you land to rescue the third person?

I made my approach just to the left of the gas burn off right after picking up the second crew member. I did this to avoid the cranes and cables on the oil rig. I then hovered right above the third crew member (do not attempt to land on the cat walk). The oil rig inspector will guide you when you get close. After maintaining a hover near the third crew member for a few seconds he will be helped on by one of the crew. You have to get really close to the guy. Watch for the falling crane and other cables as you power out of the rig. I departed right after the crane fell.

You really only have enough time for a single approach so make your first attempt your best one.

After you are clear of the oil rig it is just smooth sailing back to the refinery.

Good Luck...

Pro Member First Officer

Thanks for the advice.

After having some technical difficulties i've reinstalled fsx, i'm working my way through the missions (it seems harder the second time around).

When I get to the 'oil rig' mission I will use your advice, and not try to land.

Pro Member First Officer
skypilot2 First Officer

Anonymous wrote:

I made my approach just to the left of the gas burn off right after picking up the second crew member. I did this to avoid the cranes and cables on the oil rig. I then hovered right above the third crew member (do not attempt to land on the cat walk). The oil rig inspector will guide you when you get close. After maintaining a hover near the third crew member for a few seconds he will be helped on by one of the crew. You have to get really close to the guy. Watch for the falling crane and other cables as you power out of the rig. I departed right after the crane fell.

You really only have enough time for a single approach so make your first attempt your best one.

After you are clear of the oil rig it is just smooth sailing back to the refinery.

Good Luck...

Where is the catwalk where the third guy is from the helipad? I've managed to pick up 2 guys and can't locate the third guy. Even if you fly back to the hospital with only 2 guys you do complete the mission, but I just gotta get that #3 guy out of there. <G> Is he down low and which side. E-W-N-S? thanks