Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

SOMEONE HELP TERRIBLE PLEASE NOT INVOLVING FS PLEASE!!!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Karlw Chief Captain

ok in my e-mail I got a letter today from one of my va's and it says that someone is sending out viruses that burn something don't remembre but if anyone could PLEASE POST A LINK TO SOME (FREE) ANTIVIRUS AND OTHER SECURITY SYSTEMS PLEASE DO Shocked Sad Wall Bashing

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

free.grisoft.com

cmw Guest

do a google search for avg anitvirus, it's free and seems to do a good job (considering it's free). I used to use it and it was very helpfull. Good luck!

Guest Guest

Avast or AVG are good choices and are free

Pro Member Chief Captain
Karlw Chief Captain

Thanks so much most of my planes are downloaded and don't need the hassle of a Censored person makeing viruses they should be put in jail Exclamation Mad Evil or Very Mad

They are so annoying Hit with Chair

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Perhaps you could tell us what you were thinking when you connected a computer without an antivirus product, to the internet.

Pro Member Trainee
punko Trainee

For spywares use Lavasoft Personal Edition Free!
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/products/ad-aware_se_personal.php

and for antivirus use AntiVir
http://www.free-av.com/

Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Karlw Chief Captain

Crashgordan ill tell you what I was thinking NOTHING because my dad did I have some protection but a person came over and tried to fix my comp but ended up makeing a problem worse crashgordan

May I reqeust that when posting in a help needed post you help instead of makeing up pointles questions were here to learn ok Wink Question Rolling Eyes Doh!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Karlw wrote:

May I reqeust that when posting in a help needed post you help instead of makeing up pointles questions were here to learn ok Wink Question Rolling Eyes Doh!

Yes Indeed we are...you have now learnt not to connect computers to the internet without the required protection. Nothing in this post has been unhelpful...yet.

---

If you are wondering whether to use AVG or Avast (both suggested in this thread) then I'd recommend AVG out of personal preference. Other people prefer Avast. I also use Ad-Aware SE on my computer.

Arrow http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/

Wink

Pro Member First Officer
GoodisonBlue First Officer

AVG are ending the free av in January

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain
Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Karlw wrote:

Crashgordan ill tell you what I was thinking NOTHING because my dad did I have some protection but a person came over and tried to fix my comp but ended up makeing a problem worse crashgordan

Unprotected computers wind up being compomised. They become open proxies used by spammers and distribution engines for viruses and other malware. They pose a threat to every computer on the internent.

"Some" protection does not equal protection.

Now, for the next question you will probably think is useless. Why are incompetent persons fixing your computer?

By the way, the fact that you were asking for information on obtaining an antivirus program, clearly indicates your computer was not protected.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Insight wrote:

www.avast.com

Agree 100%. Exclamation

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

GoodisonBlue wrote:

AVG are ending the free av in January

No they're not, just upgrading to a new free one.

Radar