Invisible fog

Pappy55 Guest

When ever I start in bad low visibility weather its fine till i get to certain altitude and it all becomes clear as though there was no fog. You can see the ground perfectly.

When lading this causes more problems being backward everything looks fine till you descend so much and you can see a thing. Its very off putting wghen doing a manual approach.

Does anyone else get this?

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
pilatflyr First Officer

yeah I totally get that. it sucks with something like that. Because sometimes it clears up finally at such a high altitude that you could change the style or even the type of your approach. Just put everything to max settings if you can. It helps a lot

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Hi gents , i must refer you to a similar question i posed a while ago about cloud cover and had an excellent answer by the revererd Tailhook. Apparently the weather set in FS9,does'nt produce undercast clouds(that lovely cotton wool effect when looking down from high altitude).So no matter what weather you set for take off, when you reach a certain altitude the cloud cover disappears and you've got a nice view of the ground ,which is exactly what you don't want! So it seems the same thing happens with fog.You do not see anything until a certain altitude and then it clears, and then upon descent you come back into it! It seems to be a fixture of FS9.Unfortunately! If you find a fix please let me know!

Pro Member Trainee
Pappy55 Trainee

Hi gents , i must refer you to a similar question i posed a while ago about cloud cover and had an excellent answer by the revererd Tailhook. Apparently the weather set in FS9,does'nt produce undercast clouds(that lovely cotton wool effect when looking down from high altitude).So no matter what weather you set for take off, when you reach a certain altitude the cloud cover disappears and you've got a nice view of the ground ,which is exactly what you don't want! So it seems the same thing happens with fog.You do not see anything until a certain altitude and then it clears, and then upon descent you come back into it! It seems to be a fixture of FS9.Unfortunately! If you find a fix please let me know!

I have found a semi fix..I'm using the 3rd party addon 'Active Sky' and using custom weather settings, with all the sliders to the max position..

At FL320 cloud was still visible below 🙂

I highly recommend Active Sky to anyone who is serious about FS it is a MASSIVE improvement over the default FS9 effects and best of all it auto updates as you fly.. like last night from London 'Gatwick' to Belfast 'Aldergrove'

London was windy with broken could no rain. When I arrived at Belfast it was fairly cloudy with moderate rainfall.

Check out..
http://sales.hifisim.com/ASv6/

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...