SearchSearch 

DC-3 help needed

budsie 175 Guest

Where can I find info on the DC-3 panel operation. There seems to be some auto pilot functions but I can't figure them out.

6 Responses

Guest Ed Guest

The DC-3 has only heading control and attitude control. In FS09, the attitude control can also be used as an altitude control.

You can read about it in the Learning Center, under Aircraft Information. Select the DC-3, then click on the "Flight Notes." The last heading is about the autopilot.

Ed

Guest Guest

The DC 3 is rubbish because it don't have any Jets. Its so slow that making it a pointless aircraft.

Pro Member First Officer
mossy First Officer

just cos it dosent have jets it isnt pointless. it was made before jets were in serious use. It is an older plane and its speed and handling add to its character, and to the fun, which is in flying an older, less complex aircraft.

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Guest wrote:

The DC 3 is rubbish because it don't have any Jets. Its so slow that making it a pointless aircraft.

Not to be condesending,but without the DC-3 the airborne forces on D-Day June 6 1944 would'nt have been able to make the advanced drops before the main invasion.Without this aircraft,the brave flyers that flew it and the brave paratroopers that jumped out of it(American,British and other countries),would'nt have succeeded in their missions in knocking out Anti Aircraft Batteries,Coastal guns and creating diversions for the main advance to go ahead!Many brave young men lost their lives in what is now considered to be one of the most important aircraft of World War 11.So please don't call this aircraft pointless and rubbish!It helped to give you the freedom you now enjoy! And no i was'nt there but my Father made sure i knew of the sacrifice of others!

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Welshflyer wrote:

Guest wrote:

Not to be condesending,but without the DC-3 the airborne forces on D-Day June 6 1944 would'nt have been able to make the advanced drops before the main invasion.Without this aircraft,the brave flyers that flew it and the brave paratroopers that jumped out of it(American,British and other countries),would'nt have succeeded in their missions in knocking out Anti Aircraft Batteries,Coastal guns and creating diversions for the main advance to go ahead!Many brave young men lost their lives in what is now considered to be one of the most important aircraft of World War 11.So please don't call this aircraft pointless and rubbish!It helped to give you the freedom you now enjoy! And no i was'nt there but my Father made sure i knew of the sacrifice of others!

Yea! The DC-3 is one of the best aircraft ever built, it's still flying after 60 years. There's much more to aviation than just jets. Operators in Alaska are still operating DC-3's in ways and locations that you can't operate a jet.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC-3

Pro Member First Officer
Steve (SpiderWings) First Officer

Guest wrote:

You might appreciate the DC-3 not having jets in some cases. I wholeheartedly agree with other comments about how important that plane has been in aviation for over 60 years - one of the best planes ever made I believe.

Anyway... if you want to see how "easy" a jet-less DC-3 is to manage try out the following excercise.... then try the same thing with a 737 and let me know how that goes. 😉

A Flying Challenge for Anyone Interested
https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/21354/flying-challenge-for-anyone-interested/ 😉