Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Promoted?

Pro Member First Officer
Steve (SpiderWings) First Officer

I just noticed today that I have First Officer under my name now. Cool. Now I've gotta get my wife to sew on the new insignia but she is virtually good at such things.

But.... I was wondering back when I was a mere trainee how that came to be and how/if I was ever gonna be more than that.... especially in light of my fairly novice understanding of flying.

Just curious about how the promotions come about and if its something automatic at the sight, and what kind of criteria are involved.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

😂 😂 😂

They are directly depending on your Posts number and they updated automatically. 😉

First Officer: 100 posts

Captain: 500 posts

Chief Captain: 1000 posts

Pro Member First Officer

Thanks Greekman72! A while after posting this topic, I did notice that my number of posts had recently reached 100 and thought that might just be it.

However.... the other forum I just joined today has me more fittingly ranked as Baggage Handler. Love it! 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

😂 😉

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Many congratulations on your promotion. 😀 😀

Guest Guest

Small things please small minds

Meylan Guest

Guest wrote:

Get a grip

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Guest wrote:

Absolutely, i take it you won't become a member then!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Guest wrote:

Do you prefer them large???

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Meylan and Greekman72, this guy obviously does'nt understand that this rank thing does'nt really" mean anything "apart from an achievement in helping others to overcome their problems, answering questions,showing others what can be achieved in Flight Sim,writing tutorials that become stickies on how to post screenshots,how to install aircraft,panels,sounds and effects,giving others the opportunity of an easier transition to how to use and get the best use out of a Flight Sim,telling others where to get the best freeware aircraft or scenery and how to use it.Do you think that Radarman,Tailhook,Greekman72,Solotwo,Jolegg99,Crashgordon,CRJCapt and many others use these names and ranks in real life?It's a "rank" they have earned through many arduous hours of searching many downloaded files and "read me" texts to find an answer to a question we have posted! And we here respect this! If this to you my friend is" small things please small minds", you are quite wrong.It's an affirmation that people have spent thousands of hours of their own time trying to help others,and just a small appreciation of the time given!
So if you don't like it! PISS OFF!
Sorry for swearing!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Welshflyer wrote:

Meylan and Greekman72, this guy obviously does'nt understand that this rank thing does'nt really" mean anything "apart from an achievement in helping others to overcome their problems, answering questions,showing others what can be achieved in Flight Sim,writing tutorials that become stickies on how to post screenshots,how to install aircraft,panels,sounds and effects,giving others the opportunity of an easier transition to how to use and get the best use out of a Flight Sim,telling others where to get the best freeware aircraft or scenery and how to use it.Do you think that Radarman,Tailhook,Greekman72,Solotwo,Jolegg99,Crashgordon,CRJCapt and many others use these names and ranks in real life?It's a "rank" they have earned through many arduous hours of searching many downloaded files and "read me" texts to find an answer to a question we have posted! And we here respect this! If this to you my friend is" small things please small minds", you are quite wrong.It's an affirmation that people have spent thousands of hours of their own time trying to help others,and just a small appreciation of the time given!
So if you don't like it! PISS OFF!
Sorry for swearing!

Yes 👍

Pro Member First Officer

😂

way funny.... and quite ironic because the humor of my post apparently swished right over his head.

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

With some people it's like Wall Bashing