Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

fsx framerates

gazpode_l Guest

I need some help plz! Ihave just recieved fsx yesterday for my birthday and installed and played it last night for a bit. Best frame-rate I could get was 15-25 around airports and 20-30 while flying, but this with everything turned OFF!

I currently am only running direct x version 9, yet I got a good report when I ran the checker as advised through this forumn. Would it help for me to get DX10?

I am running
Windows XP Sp2
AMD Athalon 3000+ 2.1gig
512 Mg Ram
80gig HDD
256 Geforce 5200 graphics card
Ta
From Gary

Guest

Gary I think your ram is going to be an issue you might want to get 1gb

Hawk_345 Guest

Yes, i have
windows Xp SP2
AMD 64 3400GHz Processor
1GB RAM
Nividea Geforce FX 5500 256mb
113GB hardrive

And it still "sticks" ingame and it takes about 10 mins to load up, but thats jsut me, but i sugest you at least get more RAM and a beter Vid card if you can.

Pro Member Trainee
starman316 Trainee

MS Flight SIM X
got today

frame rate and stuttering problems

AMD 64 3400+ 2GHZ
768MB DDR400 RAM
160GB HDD
DX9C
128MB GEFORCE 6600GT

any fixes would be appreciated

why put min specs as 1ghz on the box, wow you need a super computer to play this having looked at higher spec pcs with same problems, and i have lowered graphics in game, just makes it look awful 😞 have fs2004 may go back to that for the time being.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

You could use a better card, that will give you the FPS that you want.
A little more ram will help with the texture rendering.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

getting so so so so so so so bored with these threads now!

Flyaway has degenerated into a "check my specs for me" site rather than anything else.

It is designed for direct x 10 and windows vista - neither of which are out yet. There is your answer, like it or lump it, but please stop creating the same boring threads!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Micah wrote:

getting so so so so so so so bored with these threads now!

Flyaway has degenerated into a "check my specs for me" site rather than anything else.

It is designed for direct x 10 and windows vista - neither of which are out yet. There is your answer, like it or lump it, but please stop creating the same boring threads!

The main problem is that we only have 3 forums for everthing.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

Therefore, could we not get a new forum started for those who just wish to check there specs every five minutes so that this area of the site isn't so clogged up with junk?

I come here to talk constructively about the sim and about flight. Go to overclockers.co.uk and their forums if you want to talk all day about specs..........

Oooops, sorry i just dozed off again!

Micah 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Micah wrote:

Therefore, could we not get a new forum started for those who just wish to check there specs every five minutes so that this area of the site isn't so clogged up with junk?

I come here to talk constructively about the sim and about flight. Go to overclockers.co.uk and their forums if you want to talk all day about specs..........

Oooops, sorry i just dozed off again!

Micah 😉

All I can do is suggest and I have. I tire of many things, children posting on and on and on...

Radar

Guest

so wot do u fink wud help wiv good framies ??? i downt wanna go buy fsx if it aint gonna bee any gud on my puter

..... 😂 I'm in fits here BTW

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

so wot do u fink wud help wiv good framies ??? i downt wanna go buy fsx if it aint gonna bee any gud on my puter
..... 😂 I'm in fits here BTW

Translation:
So what do you think would help with good frame rate? I don't want to buy FSX if it's not going to be any good on my computer. 😂 I'm in fits here, by the way.

Try to write in English. You need the fastest processor you can afford, minimum of 2 GB of RAM and a Video card with minimum of 512 MB.
http://www.iespell.com/

Guest

😂 wicked !!!

Translation: absolutely brilliant

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Subtle humour. Much nicer than name calling and cursing 👏

Pro Member Trainee
starman316 Trainee

RadarMan wrote:

You could use a better card, that will give you the FPS that you want.
A little more ram will help with the texture rendering.

Radar

Yes you are probably right, I know the specs are more than what they say on the box, i am going to try 1gb memory first. Ive only just bought the Nvidia 6600GT Graphics Card and its decent in my opinion, Works flawlessly with FS2004, as before i had a 256mb Nvidia 6200 and that was not at all good for any of my flight sims, I am still playing with the new fsx and trying to increase frame rates, i get something between about 5-10fps quite stuttery and jolty especially towards the ground ie landing etc but in the air fine, i am sure its more memory/cpu problems more than the card. i am slowly decreasing the unnecessary graphics in the game to try get better results and as a helping hand ill post the results here.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

That sounds good, just keep tweaking untill you find the best settings for the area your flying in.

Radar

Guest

Micah,

ending your whining similar to a little girl crying in the corner would help alot

Nashthebash Guest

Micah, if u dont like the post...then u dont READ it...simple isnt it?
and ur the one going on and on about how sad it is...
i stumbled upon it ...and it satisfied me to see other ppl struggling with there framerates...

All times are GMT Page 1 of 1

Related Questions