Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

virtual airline?

Pro Member First Officer
robbier First Officer

Hi guys...im thinking about creating a virtual airline, such as crash gordon has omega air, and others. so, what do you guys think?

dr.quack Guest

Yea but if you did then you should make the planes auto-install like mike stone

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

robbier wrote:

Hi guys...im thinking about creating a virtual airline, such as crash gordon has omega air, and others. so, what do you guys think?

You'll have to have at least one good friend who's prepared to do most of the work for you -- or you'll have to hire someone. Hack

lemonwonder Guest

What you will need is someone to create a website if you are unable to.
I recon a professional looking one is always great, but a siomple one with a forum, always works like a charm.

You need to get your planes painted, a logo created etc.

Hope all goes well Smile

(A good thing to try is to become a co-company... like say... pretend there is an airline called Eagle™ you could join with them, and be the manager of a hub, or manage the freight department. You just might want to start as a hub manager, introduce some new flights, some new planes, and then build from there. Once you have done that, you can use the pilots that will tag along with ya into your very on VA, have it doing plenty of long and short haul. Its much easier to create a VA when you already have a reasonable pilot base.)

Hope that helps.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

I looked at your site and you have the right idea. Do the essentials first and leave making it pretty for later.

One thing you will have to address is the pirep system. email doesn't cut it, and will have you working too hard. It you can't do the programming (PHP/MySQL or ASP/ MSSQL or Access, depending on what your site's host supports), there is also a site that provides such services to VAs. I can't remember its name, but I am sure someone here will.