Fly Away Simulation

Search for Downloads

Use this form to search for downloads and addons including aircraft, scenery and more.

Search entire site

Use this form to perform a site-wide search for forum posts, news and reviews and videos.

SearchSearch 

Are there any canard type prop planes to download for FS2004

Pro Member Trainee
woguph Trainee

I used to have a prop powered canard layout plane for an old version of FS and I liked flying it. Are there any for FS 2004?

Thanks,

David

Pro Member First Officer
Riclo First Officer

Cool Aloha David, Well as far as I know there are no 2004 updated canards
but most of the 2002 planes should work,and what I would like to know is
what kind were you looking for? single seat or two seater ? I think I might
design one. Ric

Pro Member Trainee
woguph Trainee

Hi Ric,
Thanks for the reply. I think the one I used to have was a 2 seater. It was real sleek and fast but would glide forever and was a challenge to get on the ground. I think it used a pusher prop also. You mentioned that there are some for FS2002. Could you tell me what a few of them are?
If you design a new one let me know.

Thanks alot,

David

Cool Aloha David, I know which one you speak off,but I seem to remember that it was Burt Rutan(my inspiration) Model, it had
a real ground effect at landing if you came in even just a little
hot. And yes I am building one now, but more of a back country
plane that I plan on constantly upgrading, as I have some great ideas
for the plane.First version shoould be out in about a week. I'll post here for you to check out if you would like. Ric

Pro Member First Officer
Riclo First Officer

Ooops! Sorry folks, forgot to sign in. thats my post above if its signed
Ric. Ric

Pro Member Trainee
woguph Trainee

Please tell me how to install this plane onto FS2004. Here is a link I found for downloading the plane:

http://www.simviation.com/fs2002props35.htm

Thanks,

David

Pro Member First Officer
Riclo First Officer

Cool Aloha David, so I see you found the model, and I will assume that you
D/Ld both Files,as one is just an update,now for the original model(4.8mb)
unzip to a temp folder and open till you see a folder named long-eze,Take
this folder and place it in your aircraft folder in 2004,then open the folder and go to the guages folder and in there you will see 5 gau. files, copy them and paste them in your main guage folder. Your done! Go Fly!
Now if you want to install the update just take the folder named long-eze
and copy all the contents to the long-eze file in your FS, say yes to all overwrites and your done, go fly. Hope this helps,let me know how it turns out Ric

Pro Member Trainee
woguph Trainee

Thanks Ric,
It worked like a charm.
I look forward to your new plane.

David

Pro Member First Officer
Riclo First Officer

Cool Aloha David,
Glad that it came out right for you,and as to the plane im designing is going to be a work in progress, as im going to add goodies
as time allows, like an extending side section for the sleeping area, opening and extending bay door for camping equipement,to name a few things, I should have that one out for Christmas, but i'll be releasing a simple model next week. I'll post here to let you know. Ric

Pro Member First Officer
Riclo First Officer

Cool ALoha David, Well I just U/Loaded my new plane to simvation.com
and it should show up monday or tuesday, so give it a try, I made sure to make it easy so I used the 172s for an air file.Just unzip and put the file into your aircraft folder and fly,just dont forget to use the (shift+E) command to see the little goody I put in,something I think youll like if you like to go back country. Let me know if you like the design.
Ric

Hi, Ric!

I'm wondering, are you planning on ever doing the jet and rocket versions of the LongEZE? Saw a thing on the rocket version on Discovery Wings (and learned that Dick Rutan, Burt's brother, is the only one who can fly it) and would love to have one in my hangar...

Hi, Ric!

I'm wondering, are you planning on ever doing the jet and rocket versions of the LongEZE? Saw a thing on the rocket version on Discovery Wings (and learned that Dick Rutan, Burt's brother, is the only one who can fly it) and would love to have one in my hangar...