Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

London Airports. 56K BEWARE YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

The following is the London Airport scenery from UK2000 Scenery. The following airports are included Gatwick. Heathrow, Stansted, London City & London Luton.

GATWICK

HEATHROW

LONDON CITY

STANSTED

LONDON LUTON

Thanks for looking

murjax Guest

Nice pictures. Thumbs Up! Thumbs Up! Thumbs Up!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Hrm, kinda so so though as payware is concerned when it comes to some of the buildings. But for the most part most payware is 1000 times better then default. Smile

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

WOW!!! Shocked

The last screenie in the STANSTED section is a mystery... How on earth did you do that? Read

Great stuff Cheers!

Pro Member Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

WOW!!! Shocked

The last screenie in the STANSTED section is a mystery... How on earth did you do that? Read

Great stuff Cheers!

Slew mode mate. I added something to the FS9.CFG to take out the red labels.

Solotwo: I've seen better payware from the likes of FlyTampa. But Gary Summons has done an excellent package considering he worls on his own. I haven't seen any decent freeware alternative. I've had this quite a while but never got to installing again. So I thought what the hell and have a go. Unlike FlyTampa the gates are movable and you get all the trucks and trucks as well.

If you fly out of any of the London Airports this is a must have.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Are we talking about the same pic? It looks as though the cameraman is inside the airport building and looking out through the glass pane Cool

Meylan Guest

Excellent shots , could you or someone tell me the name of the aircraft in the second London city shot second from the left please .
Thanks

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

It looks very much like a BAE 146 from the distance. Have a look at this file Arrow http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=&FileName=1462qt6.zip&Author=&CatID=root

Does this look like it?

Meylan Guest

Yes it does , thanks.

You must of read my mind with the cargo link.
Here's some panels if you or anyone else are interested .

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=bae&CatID=fs2004pan&Go=Search

Thanks

Pro Member Chief Captain

Tailhook I assume you mean this one

What I done was get rid of the cessna panel and then go into slew mode. I found the terminal and proceeded my way in.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

That's the one Liono but you're being either very secretive today or I am just experiencing a comprehension malfunction Shocked

Ok, so you got rid of the panel and started slewing. Roger that. But here is where it gets tricky...you proceeded your way into the terminal - meaning you slewed or taxied the aircraft (drove into) the airport building?

Sorry to be really dense here - but I'm still spellbound - and I just love it when mysteries get resolved Very Happy

Last edited by Tailhook on Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Meylan wrote:

Yes it does , thanks.

You must of read my mind with the cargo link.
Here's some panels if you or anyone else are interested .

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=bae&CatID=fs2004pan&Go=Search

Thanks

Thanks for the panels link Meylan. It's the Lieberecht creation in its various incarnations. To my shame I must confess that I had the panel for many months and stumbled during the installation process - ran out of time and havent gone back since.
What I do remember is that it is a very sophisticated panel and the author(s) have put a lot of effort into it. BTW, have you got it installed?

Meylan Guest

Yes i installed it today .I only installed update 4.1 because that's all i need however the panel comes with different aircraft configs and air files for each model that has been made .The files for the model i have (bae 146qt) seem a little sluggish in the power apartment or it may just be the plane .

Pro Member Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

That's the one Liono but you're being either very secretive today or I am just experiencing a comprehension malfunction Shocked

Ok, so you got rid of the panel and started slewing. Roger that. But here is where it gets tricky...you proceeded your way into the terminal - meaning you slewed or taxied the aircraft (drove into) the airport building?

Sorry to be really dense here - but I'm still spellbound - and I just love it when mystries get resolved Very Happy

Here you Tailhook.

I got rid of the panel by press the W key twice.
Went into slew mode "Y" key
Pressed "F4" to climb
Pressed "F2" to stop.
The moved forward and backwards.
Pressed "F7" to tilt the Cessna forward.

That's about it really.

Also I have some really good news for you. Check your PM's.

Take care mate

Cool

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

cool stuff indeed, good angles buuut...i've flown in and out of stanstead a fair few times and never seen a jetway in use - has anyone else ever had one pull up to their aircraft?

just something that crossed my mind.

Pro Member Chief Captain

According to what the read me says

Stansted Active stands are:

Gate 12

Gate 32

Gate 4

Gate 41

I haven't flown out of London in months so I not to sure.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Liono wrote:

Tailhook wrote:

Sorry to be really dense here - but I'm still spellbound - and I just love it when mysteries get resolved Very Happy

Here you Tailhook.

I got rid of the panel by press the W key twice.
Went into slew mode "Y" key
Pressed "F4" to climb
Pressed "F2" to stop.
The moved forward and backwards.
Pressed "F7" to tilt the Cessna forward.

That's about it really.

Also I have some really good news for you. Check your PM's.

Take care mate

Cool

Aaahh, now I can relax. This goes straight into my 'Mini Tutorials' folder. Clear and concise and your no fuddy-duddy approach is much appreciated.
Thanks Liono, I reckon you should be approached to re-write some of the outdated tutorials we have posing as Stickies here Big Grin

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Liono wrote:

Gate 12

Gate 32

Gate 4

Gate 41

Don't you hate that? Some companys really need to start sharing info because some airports I have every gate moves, and actually is animated, some, like Imagine Sim, have hardly any it seems, and never where I need them too be.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Solotwo wrote:

Liono wrote:

Gate 12

Gate 32

Gate 4

Gate 41

Don't you hate that? Some companys really need to start sharing info because some airports I have every gate moves, and actually is animated, some, like Imagine Sim, have hardly any it seems, and never where I need them too be.

I know the KDTW (Detroit) has movable gates. Stand B10 does. There are a few others at Detroit but I'm at work at the moment.

Not to sure about the others I haven't tried them yet. It's a shame that FlyTampa doesn't have animated gates.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Well most of the time the gates I need to use at Imagine Sim airports aren't animated, or animated for a larger plane.