FS-X crashing

Apologies if this issue has already been discussed here, but searching hasn't produced much in the way of help so here's my issue:

Very frequently, FS-X terminates when 99% loading is complete (just after loading air and see traffic, I believe). The usual "Send error report to Microsoft" dialogue box appears then it's back to the desktop. This annoyance will continue until I reboot Windows XP, where it will load a few missions fine (no performance problems, by the way) but then it'll re-occur and I'll have to reboot again. Everything on install went fine.

On one occasion, another dialogue box appeared with a memory address code informing me that the memory could not be read - I'm unsure if this is related or not and I have since tested the memory modules in my machine -- all okay here. Anyone else experiencing this issue, or can someone offer a suggestion?

System:

AMD Athlon 64 4000+
1.5GB DDR400 RAM
Gainward GeForce 7600GT
Windows XP SP2

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Greg West (BashDaBish) First Officer

I would suggest to run a disk check, defragment and then ensure you have enough free space to run FSX. FSX likes a fair few gig of space to expand into.

lemonwonder Guest

Ok, download this file:

(dead link removed)

You then start up FSX with that. Not sure who told me about it. Basically, FSX has high priority

Thanks for the replies you two.

The batch file above has cured the problem! Anyone else experiencing crashes should try FS-X in this (High) mode. Any other crashes, well, that's probably down to your flying.

Cheers.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...