Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

FSX Graphics Disappointment!

Pro Member Trainee
Robert (Zebraone) Trainee

Well I "upgraded" from FS2004 to FSX deluxe and am mostly disappointed. From $27 s/w to $70 s/w just to see major glitches in the graphics. I doubled my memory to 2 gig and double the graphics card as well -- G7300 256mg and see no improvements. The problems are when launching a flight, the scenery is mostly monocrome black white & blue and it takes a second for the color and resolution to come in. Some times when I click the radio stack or GPS icon the scenery does the same -- goes white, black and blue blotches for a second. Some other time I get frames that freeze for a second. I have even tried moving the graphics slides to medium low and see no difference. Yes, I have the last graphics driver.

Anybody else have this problem? Is MS going to fix it? 😞

Pro Member Trainee
James Gibbs (elecktromotive) Trainee

Yeah im having alot of trouble and low framerates as well. 😞

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Both list your system specs and please be clear about the video card, that one you mentioned doesn't exist.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee

Dell Dimension 8400, XP Home, 2 gig memory, GeForce 7300 256 Graphics card, Pent 4 3 gig. Que mas?

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

This is an interesting thread. Zebraone reports a problem no on else has and wants MS to fix it. Elekramotive jumps in with a totally unrelated problem,and we are supposed to make sense this. Zebraone, what was the last time you updated your video drivers?

Elekramotive, what are your system specs?

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

Zebraone wrote:

Well I "upgraded" from FS2004 to FSX deluxe and am mostly disappointed. From $27 s/w to $70 s/w just to see major glitches in the graphics. I doubled my memory to 2 gig and double the graphics card as well -- G7300 256mg and see no improvements. The problems are when launching a flight, the scenery is mostly monocrome black white & blue and it takes a second for the color and resolution to come in. Some times when I click the radio stack or GPS icon the scenery does the same -- goes white, black and blue blotches for a second. Some other time I get frames that freeze for a second. I have even tried moving the graphics slides to medium low and see no difference. Yes, I have the last graphics driver.

Well, that, "goes white, black and blue blotches for a second" thing that you say happens to me too. When I start up a flight, but only for a second, then it's fine. Sometimes when I bring up GPS or something, but again, only for a second. So it is no real problem to me.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Are you using any similar hardware? It might provide a clue as to the cause.

Pro Member First Officer
GoodisonBlue First Officer

I get the blotches when a flight starts after a load but literally for one second so it's no big deal

Pro Member Trainee
matt33 Trainee

hi guys...the simple answer is a geforce 7300 video card is not powerful enough to run fsx with much sucsess,you would need at least a 7600gt to get good framerates..

FelixM Guest

I have a 7600GT (AGP) and also get this at startup. It doesnt bother me - only lasts a second or so. My framerates aint great but I do have an old rig (Asus A7v333, 1GB DDR, XP2600). Sim does what I can afford for the moment and gets me in the air!

Damn CH Pro Pedals...now thats a whole different problem!
(offthread so I wont detract).

Pro Member Trainee

With two different graphics card the same problem. Updated drivers this month. It DOES bother me since FS2004 at 1/3 the price didn't have it. The MS patch didn't fix it either.

Pro Member Chief Captain

I currently have a very underpowered system, but do not get what you are describing, so I might not be much help, but if people who are seeing the same thing could post their system specs, we might find something in common and be able to track down the cause, It the comouters have something in common, that would be the place to focus on.

Pro Member First Officer
CaptDennison First Officer

Zebraone wrote:

As I said--FSX is the new version of FS2000--I wont be wasting money on it

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

When the first Mobile Phones comes out to market everybody spit this new gadget and the users of it...Now we all have a Mobile-Circus-Phone.

😉

Pro Member First Officer
GoodisonBlue First Officer

CaptDennison wrote:

Zebraone wrote:

As I said--FSX is the new version of FS2000--I wont be wasting money on it

I've not used FS2000 but it must be a great sim then as I'm really enjoying FSX.