Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

old graphic cards vs new

Pro Member First Officer
Spoty101 First Officer

everybody know how big graphic cards are now adays, right? Well I opened my sisters computer and she has a 32MB graphic card that is the size of a QUARTER!!!! I remember when a 32MB graphic card was the size of a 256 or 512MB graphic card. Amazing how technology advances, 6 years from now computers will have 128MB or 256MB graphic cards the size of quarters and we will consider them cheap, old, useless, and we would have like 2GB memory cards. I wonder what the future of technology will hold..... Drool Drool

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I have a P-166 that has a 2mb video card, English Lightspeed something.
It was the best at that time.
By the way...it still works!

Radar

RandomGuest Guest

The first computer I ever owned was a Pentium 133Mhz, 16MB of Ram and an intergrated 2mb graphics. Those were classic days when I found myself playing classics like Quake, Doom,Earthsiege 2, Duke Nukem, FS95, Broken sword games, Little Big Adventure and the classic Monkey Island games. Those were the days Yes

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Doom...Duke Nukem(Lizard-Lizard-Lizard :lol🙂...Lovely memories ❗ ❗ ❗ 😂

RandomGuest Guest

I remember the classic line from Duke Nuken 3D "Shake it baby" and a virtual woman did something Whistle 😂

I really thought these classic games were so much fun to play. They had depth and felt I could hardly stop playing them. Some modern games are great specially the Halflife series and F.E.A.R. I find too many games rely on impressive Graphics and nothing else.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

RandomGuest wrote:

I remember the classic line from Duke Nuken 3D "Shake it baby" and a virtual woman did something Whistle 😂

I really thought these classic games were so much fun to play. They had depth and felt I could hardly stop playing them. Some modern games are great specially the Halflife series and F.E.A.R. I find too many games rely on impressive Graphics and nothing else.

Yes i remember this ''movement'' from Duke Nukem 😂 😂 😂

I could add Far Cry to the list above.I find on of the best First Person i have ever play.