Hard landing...

NSX Guest

Don't know if this one has been posted before but here goes:

Look how it bends 😳

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

I've seen that before - not the softest of landings Umm...

Pro Member Captain
Sean (SeanGa) Captain

holy shi*, that's insane.

stall?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

😳 😳 😳

Pro Member Trainee
mat3329 Trainee

Holer, that's a crazy landing, not only the tail section ripped off the plane but the whole plane bent. That plane must've been scrapped man, all the stuff that probably cracked and broke on that impact other than the tail.

Munkeh Guest

I remember reading about this, and apparently it was a test to see how a landing would go with a high rate of desent. Also, someone said (I'm unsure if he was joking), that the pilots carried on taxing the plane because they didn't know what had happened. 😳

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

👍

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

No this is what really happened.

2 May 1980. The prototype Super 80 was involved in a heavy landing at Edwards Air Force Base, California, while taking part in a new FAA test (landing over 50ft obstacle). There were no casualties among the 7 crew members onboard and the aircraft was repairable. However, the aircraft was withdrawn from further testing and put in long-term storage at Grayson County Airport, Texas. The prototype Super 80 flew a total of 3,065 hours and made 6,558 landings.

Accident report...

Alex The Great Guest

Check this reconstruction out, it's of the JAL 123 flight in '85 (it's not the reconstruction from Air Crash Investigation, it's a Flight Sim one)
It's really good, did you know that JAL123 was the worst single aircraft crash in the worlds history! 520 people dead, 4 people survived because they were seated in the rear section of the plane and the impact force was reduced substantially. Many people survived the accident but because rescuers took all night to get to the site, many people died of hypothermia. This aircraft had been involved in an accident 7 years earlier at Itami Airport while taking off, a tailstrike incident was recorded.

There is an Air Crash Investigation episode dedicated to this incident, with a bit of searching on YouTube or LimeWire i'm sure you'll find it.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...