Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

creating aircraft

Pro Member Trainee
prkaye Trainee

hi everyone,

I'm a newbie here. I'm going to be getting FSX Deluxe edition soon. I have FS2004. I'm also building a real airplane, a Vans RV-9A.

I have the RV-9A model for FS-2004, and did a repaint of it to see what my real plane will look like once it's done (see [url]www.c-func.com [/url]). Unfortunately this model is a tip-up, and I may build a slider canopy. Also, there's no guarantee it will work in FSX.

I'm wondering what's involved in creating my own RV-9A model for FSX from scratch (I'd do it with a slider canopy, and maybe put in more details like all the rivets). Is this a huge undertaking requiring advanced programming abilities (I have intermediate level C++ skills). More improtantly, is there a good comprehensive "guide" out there for creating new aircraft from scratch? Or is this best left to the pros?

Thanks!

Phil

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Well Phil, Welcome to Flyaway, it's always good to have a new member. Cheers! The making of aircraft from scratch is a complex affair that's well above my computer expertise. There is a Software Designers Kit(SDK) somewhere in the disks of FSX. I don' have FSK so I can't be more specific. It involves programing and most people just download what they want from the Internet. If you do build a RV-9, I 'm sure many of us here would love to give it a try, let us know. Smile

Pro Member First Officer
Charlie10 First Officer

SDK is on Disk 1. If you can't get the files to display because of auto detect being "on", use "my computer to bring up the file folders.