Problems With NVidia GeForce5500

Pro Member Trainee
Ricardo Pinto Novo (rpintonovo) Trainee

Hello to All!

I have a Pentium 4 2.8GHz with 512MBytes RAM. A soltek board and a NVidia GeForce 5500 256MBytes and when I start my official FSX the information that appears is:

"Fsx is not compatible with your video card or you don't have the latest video drivers"

But related with NVidia Geforce 5500 I've already downloaded the lastest version.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Ricardo

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Hawk_345 Guest

I dont know whats going on with your card, i have the same one and that ahs nver hapened.

Pro Member Trainee
bubba68ss Trainee

i have the same card. it works fine. you definately need directX9.0 driver AND make sure your previous onboard vid. card is disabled and the 5500 is the active card

Hawk_345 Guest

Maybe sicne you have only 512mb of ram more presure is added to the vid card and it just cant handel it, i got a a gig of Ram so that might be doing it, other than that i cant see anything.

Sorry for double psoting but seeing im a guest there is no edit button.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Clean out the old drivers and reinstall new ones.
Be sure the card is well seated in the slot and if it has a power supply connector make sure that in tightly.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...