SearchSearch 

Flying in the Big Bend.

Pro Member Trainee
Dale Evans (DoubleBounce) Trainee

Could someone please let me know if the scenery in FSX in the West Texas area is better than in FS9 with UT and FSG mesh.

The only reason I am considering FSX is a scenery upgrade. It is my understanding that it is built on a 9 meter mesh.

I downloaded the demo and was impresed but was that scenery only for that area or will I find it in West Texas too.

I would hate to spend 65 dollars and not get an improvement.

I live in a little village called Valentine which is about 40 miles west of Marfa and until I purchased UT for the FS9 I could not find it. UT only shows the streets without buildings but at least I can now find it .

I am old and like to fly slow and low, although 300kts at 100 ft above the ground will get your blood pumping.. My main joy is flying a hot ultralight following the local stream beds through the mountains. Canyon flying at 100 feet and 80 knots is a hoot. AFLAC, I sure am glad that in the sim world ambulance rldes and replacement airaraft are free.

I would appreciate it if somebody out there would fly out of Marfa, TX and post a screenshot of the area.

While you are at it how about taking a short hop 20 miles north to a place called Ft. Davis and see if there is anything there but a highway junction and some town streets.

Thanking all in advance for the help and advice.

I can fly IFR too, but only if I have a good road map. 😂