Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

What do you fly with?

Pro Member Trainee
Adam Gay (Norami) Trainee

I have a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. It works alright and everything. Does anyone suggest anything else? I was thinking about getting a Yoke or maybe some pedals.

does anyone have the throttle piece from CH Products? Does it work well? Or does it complicate things more?

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I have the CH Yoke, Throttle Quadrant and Pedals. I also have the Logitech 3D Pro. I keep the joy stick for aerobatic, helicopters and other aircraft that have a stick control. The Yoke setup is expensive but I love it for most aircraft. 🙂

Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

The x52 untill I fly the real 747-800's and get a real yoke

Pro Member Trainee
Craig (Sno0ze) Trainee

I use a Saitek Cyborg Evo. Great stick really worth it.

Pro Member Trainee
Adam Gay (Norami) Trainee

Sweet, Thanks guys! I'm going to get a Yoke for christmas and im going to buy the CH product pedals this next week. I think I might check out the x45 as well.

Pro Member First Officer
Charlie10 First Officer

I have the same as CRJ, except I use two joysticks for helicopters. A sperate joystick for the collective column makes it more realistic and easier to fly for me.

Pro Member Trainee
Toby Turlington (vdd2096) Trainee

Saitek 3D Rumble Force - Joystick
Microsoft Wireless Mouse

Pro Member First Officer
faust1200 First Officer

I have CH pedals. Which are so so but I hardly touch them except on taxi/takeoff/landing. The throttle quadrant is great, I wouldn't want to fly without it. I use the CH Flightstick Pro because it seems to be one of the only, if not the only sticks you can fly left-handed. The thing is I am right handed but I got used to flying w/ my left hand from flying in RL. (sitting in the left seat operating radios and such with right) So it's easy to fly the stick on the left and operate the kb and mouse on the right. I don't know why more sticks aren't ambi-dexterous - probably because they are trying to emulate fighter sticks and throttle setups. I don't really care to deal w/ a yoke since I really only have hands on the stick during takeoff and landing - which is a lot like airline flying.

Pro Member First Officer
cheezyflier First Officer

i have the cyborg evo wireless. it would be great except for the wireless part. it eats batteries like candy and tends to fall asleep if you don't movie it every so often. next i am getting a yoke and pedals to see how i will like them.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

saitek x52... only way to fly...

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

anything Saitek makes is a good choice they have the absolute latest in flight control system software

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

JarJarBinks wrote:

anything Saitek makes is a good choice they have the absolute latest in flight control system software

agreed.
i use the x52, well worth the money 🙂

Pro Member Trainee
Kc (puppy-paw) Trainee

i fly with a joy stick!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

puppy-paw wrote:

i fly with a joy stick!

Look at the date of the post mate, a lil old

Pro Member First Officer
zakk hutton (chez64) First Officer

saitek throttle quadrants x2
saitek pro flight yoke
saitek pro flight rudders
22" lg monitor x2
and a phat computer that has the dogs bo*****s on the inside 😀

Pro Member First Officer
Concorde105 First Officer

JarJarBinks wrote:

I have the Saitek AV8R. Awesome joystick, use it for everything.