Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Problem landing

xx_gunner_xx Guest

i have a few questions:
1) how come the atc in fs9 tell me to land on somerunway and then tell me to make a left or right base on another runway? (they say cleared ils x runway approach, circle and land on runway y)
2) if they tell me to make a different runway how do i do it if there is no ils? thanks Smile

Pro Member First Officer
mossy First Officer

if there is no ILS then it is basically tough luck. I think there are a few programs that allow you to make a kind of ILS, but I dont know where to find them.
The atc control in default fs9 is pretty bad and you can just ignore it...ive had a number of incidents where atc have told me to 'expedite my climb to 10,000 feet' when I was on the threshhold of a runway, etc, but I dont think what you described has ever happened to me, and I dont know what is causing it or how to solve it properly, you will have to wait until someone cleverer comes along to solve your problem fully.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

xx_gunner_xx wrote:

i have a few questions:
1) how come the atc in fs9 tell me to land on somerunway and then tell me to make a left or right base on another runway? (they say cleared ils x runway approach, circle and land on runway y)
2) if they tell me to make a different runway how do i do it if there is no ils? thanks Smile

Circle to land is a visual maneuver where you execute a instrument approach to one runway but land on another. Why? Aircraft should land into the wind. If the current winds are to high to land on the runway with an ILS or the runway is closed for some reason, you can use the ILS to get below the clouds or close enough to see the runways, then land visually on a runway more closely aligned with the wind. The minimum altitude for a circle to land will be higher than a normal ILS.

Aircraft were landing long before the ILS was invented. If you have good visibility, land with you eyes. If clouds obscure the airport environment, you'll need another type of instrument approach such a a VOR, GPS, NDB, LOC, LOC-BC. Smile
Arrow http://www.navfltsm.addr.com/index.htm