Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Installing planes into FSX

Pro Member Trainee
LorentheBeaver Trainee

I am sure that not a lot of you flight Sim buffs use apples, but i do... in apple we have a little thing called apple script. With a little knowledge you can make a lot happen with just a opening of an app. i wish that their was like a little app or something that would just install these air craft for you... does anybody have anything. It would be nice if it could do 2004 in to Fsx and of course native X files in to X. You get the bottom line. It should just ask you to point at the file and then do the rest for you. I'd like an app like this because I am an apple guy and i like to just go, I dont want to spend time copying and moving files, also spending time in windoze is not that fun for me.

I sure somebody would have an app like this out there if you know of one, id love to hear about it.

LorentheBeaver wrote:

I am sure that not a lot of you flight Sim buffs use apples, but i do... in apple we have a little thing called apple script. With a little knowledge you can make a lot happen with just a opening of an app. i wish that their was like a little app or something that would just install these air craft for you... does anybody have anything. It would be nice if it could do 2004 in to Fsx and of course native X files in to X. You get the bottom line. It should just ask you to point at the file and then do the rest for you. I'd like an app like this because I am an apple guy and i like to just go, I dont want to spend time copying and moving files, also spending time in windoze is not that fun for me.

I sure somebody would have an app like this out there if you know of one, id love to hear about it.

Most of us that d/l 3rd party add-on aircraft don't like auto-installers. I prefer to see what files need to be installed and move them there myself. Often times many 3rd party add-ons don't come with sound files and use a default I may not like or even have anymore. So when I install the aircraft manually I can set up things the way I want them. Other times you just download textures for an existing 3rd party A/C and you need to manually place the folders and edit the aircraft.cfg for those.

Not everyone's file folder structure for FSX is the same depending on what add-ons they may have and how they want things like panels and gauges pointed to for operation.