Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Addons

How kind of addons do you guys use?

19 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If you mean aircraft I like the props especially tail-draggers.
I'm waiting for USA roads to go on a CD to buy it.
I also have Ultimate Traffic, many of us have one of the add on traffics programs even if it's PAI, GA-Traffic or one of the pay ware's.
There are some that like add on scenery or mesh, what you get depends on your wallet, size of h/d and the power of your video card and computer.
What are you looking for.

Radar

so u have to pay for it...damn i was looking for like carring passengers and stuff like that

Pro Member First Officer
Jason (Av8r77) First Officer

If you are looking for add ons to fly, then try looking at avsim.com.

You need to register, but it is free and they have just about everything that you can imagine.

This site is only $5 and you get all the downloads, which aint bad.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

We call ad-ons pay ware as Av8r77 said, the aircraft are free downloads, you can buy some but thousand are free.
Is that what you want?

Radar

can someone give me a link to a free download of addon that u can carry passengers and somthing that you would be good for fs 2004

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Try here, he has some excellent aircraft.

http://www.pmstone.com/

Radar

so if i download that will i able able to carry passangers? dont i need some kind of passanger carring addon?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I honestly don't know what you mean by carry passengers.
All aircraft will carry passengers, you aren't going to see them get on and off and only in special cases will you even be able to "interact" with them.
This will help you "walk" around the aircraft, if it is so outfitted, all aren't just many jetliners.
https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2718/fs2004-active-camera-2004/

Here is a post by a very hard working member who after much work is achieving what I think you want.
https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/2376/ultimate-747-200/

Radar

that looks alsome where do i download that? Also If i dont need any addon to carry passerengers how do i do it?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

that looks alsome where do i download that? Also If i dont need any addon to carry passerengers how do i do it?

The best that I can tell it looks like this one. He doesn't say for certain but...

Radar

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

You'll find a lot of different views on this forum about Add-ons.... The majority are into downloading freeware add-ons, from planes to scenery.. some are really, really good, but others are absolute rubbish that you wouldn't want on your FS set up.... I only use commercial add-ons from big publishers like JUST FLIGHT, PSS and FLIGHT 1... because my FS computer is not in anyway connected to the Internet (so I'm immune to viruses!).... but I'm in the minority as most people tend to download stuff rather than use CD like I do.

From the CD add-ons, I'd recommend:-

- FS Terrain... (Really improves terrain, gorgeous mountains, etc)
- PMDG 737 NG (The best Airliner add-on... FACT!)
- Just Flight A340 (If you like technology and automation in planes)
- Holiday Resorts (Some great scenery to fly to! Excellent Frame Rates)
- Flight1 Cessna 421c Golden Eagle (Best GA aircraft add-on).

wat is cd addons and where is it?

Pro Member First Officer

CD add ones are purchased from companies that sell software that you can add to Flight Sim. They can range from $20 on up.

There are a lot of freeware programs out there.

Try looking at www.avsim.com That is where most of us get our stuff.

You need to register for an account, but it is free.

can someone teach me how to get passanger in ur airplane or cargos

Pro Member First Officer

Unless the desginer put the passengers in the model, I don't know of anything that you can download passengers per say.

Anyone else?

i mean like how do u connect the thing to ur airplane's door so people can get in

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

The "things" (jetways) do not work in the regular sim as you have it, you can only see them and park next to them.
If you buy scenery add-ons that allow you to connect with the jetways then you can do some of the types of events that you are speaking of.

Radar

so there is no free one?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Off hand, none that I know of, that doesn't mean there isn't any just that I haven't seen it mentioned here.
Check our scenery forum TTT finds some great free add-ons, you can try them out and see if they have the capabilities that you are looking for.

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/3/fs2004-scenery/

Radar