Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

How do you fly? can you narrate your flights?

How do you fly? what windows do you use for the Whole flight, and I mean going to checklist turning radios, engine controls etc etc and for Pilotage do you really use pilotage on FSX? I saw a video I dont remeber the web site and which a pilot flew from Miami to boston (I bealeive) and he did eveything from starting the negine till shut down. I want to do the same but chanwing windows and bringing new windows take alot of time and I get Impatient, so how do you guys fly??, thanks

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

How do you fly? what windows do you use for the Whole flight, and I mean going to checklist turning radios, engine controls etc etc and for Pilotage do you really use pilotage on FSX? I saw a video I dont remeber the web site and which a pilot flew from Miami to boston (I bealeive) and he did eveything from starting the negine till shut down. I want to do the same but chanwing windows and bringing new windows take alot of time and I get Impatient, so how do you guys fly??, thanks

That's a big question and subject. That's like asking someone"how do you live?". It's not super hard but you should start slowly and read thru The Learning Center within the program. Start with the Cessna 172 and work your way up to the larger aircrafts. Opening up additional widows is only one mouse click on the proper icon. We are here to help answer questions that you don't understand from The Learning Center. We need specific question though, how to fly is way to broad a question. It's hard to use pilotage on a computer. Most sim pilots use electronic navaids such as the GPS and VOR systems. You need patience to fly civilian aircraft. Flight simulator is not a game, at least not a game like you're used to. On a two hour flight, there are no planes to shoot down, no points, levels, secret places, no tokens, no score, no ranks, can't die, no health meter and it never ends. You can fly any plane anywhere, no features to unlock. Some people like small aircraft, some fly big jets. Unsure of what you mean by narrate your flight. You can get additional programs that allow you to make a video of your flight and you can add audio to the video. Flight simulator replicates real civilian aviation. A safe, uneventful flight is the goal. If you do get bored, there's always Combat Flight Simulator.🙂

Pro Member Trainee
trailnut Trainee

CRJCapt hit the nail on the head. It is a big subject. I started out with and still fly single engine planes. I navigate with VOR's for VFR flights and IFR flights with radar coverage. I'll use the GPS for some IFR flights but not for approaches. I like the practice of an ILS approach.

I like Flight Simulator for flying IFR and practicing precision approaches. VFR, well, I guess that's up to the user.

I don't have any scenery upgrades and the local terrain mesh for my home airport is pretty awful. Not very accurate at all. It's adequate for "flying the pattern" but it's difficult to navigate using strictly ground-based references such as rivers and highways.