Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

how long does it take to load the game?

dme43 Guest

from starting it on your desktop to getting the aircraft menu up and from clicking on fly now to until you can fly?

10 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

dme43 wrote:

from starting it on your desktop to getting the aircraft menu up and from clicking on fly now to until you can fly?

About 15 seconds.

dme43 Guest

for a 14GB game, 15 secs is a very fast time!! 😳 😳 ClapClapClap
is it the same time for when you start a flight from the menu?

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

dme43 wrote:

for a 14GB game, 15 secs is a very fast time!! 😳 😳 ClapClapClap
is it the same time for when you start a flight from the menu?

Desktop- Fly now 6 seconds
Fly now to flying 9 seconds
Select a flight menu to flying Average 15-20 depending on flight.

Pro Member Trainee
skypilot2 Trainee

CRJCapt wrote:

dme43 wrote:

from starting it on your desktop to getting the aircraft menu up and from clicking on fly now to until you can fly?

About 15 seconds.

What kind of PC do you have. My God thats incredible!!!!

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

skypilot2 wrote:

What kind of PC do you have. My God thats incredible!!!!

My computer is nothing special, a 2.4 GHz with 1 GB of RAM with a 256 MB video card. I just don't have any add on programs. I also limit the programs that start with Windows and run in the background. 🙂

Pro Member Trainee
bubba68ss Trainee

i have alittle better system than that and have minimal programs running and it takes me about a solid minutes. 6-9 seconds?!?! wow

Pro Member Trainee
skypilot2 Trainee

Athlon 2.4 dual core
2 gig memory
7950 nvidia 512mg super clocked
250 gig hard drive 500 watt power supply

Minimal background running and the best I can do is 1 minute 15 seconds from clicking shortcut to flying...........

Frankly I think someone is bullshitting when they claim they are flying in 6 to 15 seconds.
I have a friend that just built a high end PC with 8800 nvidia, 4 gig memory and I think the fastest he is getting is around 45 to 55 seconds

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I have no reason to lie or even exaggerate, it's not a race. It takes what it takes. But what I failed to notice( I respond to all forums), I only have FS2004. That's the difference. Sorry for the misinformation. Embarassed

Pro Member Trainee
skypilot2 Trainee

CRJCapt wrote:

I have no reason to lie or even exaggerate, it's not a race. It takes what it takes. But what I failed to notice( I respond to all forums), I only have FS2004. That's the difference. Sorry for the misinformation. Embarassed

No biggy. I knew there had to be a reason you were getting such fast load times. FS10 is totally slower than 2004. I saw a buddies 04 with a significantly smaller PC than mine load 04 really fast........

Pro Member First Officer
Llain First Officer

This reply is to CRJCapt .
Why did you reply to a question that is clearly for FSX when you only have FS 2004, you must have realised that they would have different load times.

All times are GMT Page 1 of 1

Related Questions