Real world weather

Pro Member Trainee
ricsike Trainee

Hy all! I've installed FS 2004 and when I click on the ral world weather it says: Error downloading weather. Check youor internet connection and settings! And it says even if I'm on the net! Why is it saying this? What can I do? I've uninstalled an installed fs 2004 twice and it's still not working!

thx for any help!

Answers 18 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

ricsike wrote:

Hy all! I've installed FS 2004 and when I click on the ral world weather it says: Error downloading weather. Check youor internet connection and settings! And it says even if I'm on the net! Why is it saying this? What can I do? I've uninstalled an installed fs 2004 twice and it's still not working! thx for any help!

I get the same results, the server is probably down, it happens sometimes. 🙂

dans1 Guest

I've had the same problem over the past couple of days and it's always worked before. It's always comforting to know that someone else is having the same trouble and that there may be a simple solution... wait and see if it gets better! It's a lot like flying into clouds!

guitarpilot Guest

I'm sure the server has been down. It's just not the same without it is it? I tried to uninstall/install too. Now I have to go back and replace my favorite addons.

guest Guest

Oh oh... me too, I guess the server is down...

I wonder....would MS (or Jebson) just drop this service for fs2004 without notice?

n8laker Guest

use activesky 6.5 instead

Guest Guest

Having the same problem. check out this link. within it is one to check the server, seems to be down the last two days.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836186/en-us

John 😞

Im glad everyone else is having the same problem. I guess the server is down.

hikoki Guest

luckley I'm not the only one. I've got the problem too since friday. Hope it will be back soon. Without the real-world weather it's not that real 😕

pissing me off...microsoft is dropping the ball as usual.

"Bill Gates is hanging out with the chairman of General Motors. 'If automotive technology had kept pace with computer technology over the past few decades,' boasts Gates, 'you would now be driving a V-32 instead of a V-8, and it would have a top speed of 10,000 miles per hour.” Bill Gates continued, 'Or, you could have an economy car that weighs 30 pounds and gets a thousand miles to a gallon of gas. In either case, the sticker price of a new car would be less than $50.' In response to all this goading, the GM chairman replied, 'Yes, but would you really want to drive a car that crashes four times a day?'"

Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

^ 😂

Yea I was actually just to write a topic asking about this problem but then noticed this one. Im having the exact same problem it did work for me yesterday night though.

deMeadville (Guest) Guest

The Real Weather Serveurs appear to have been down since Friday, 15 Decembre 2006, save for a brief period on Saturday 16 Decembre. They remain down as of this posted entry.

The way to check is by going to http://fs2k.zone.com/

If you receive: "The page cannot be displayed", then the weather serveurs are down.

I have both talked to a MS tech and written to MS about this problem. Look for them to fix it QUICKLY with Christmas only a week away. All those gifts of FlightSim replying "unable to connect" would be a royale back-firing for MS.

...salut...

Greg76 Guest

Boy I'm glad it isn't just me... I reinstalled the game twice, cleared my cache and all that... and still nothing. Hope they get it back up soon!

BassFlyer Guest

Same problem here. Does anyone know any information about the format of the weather files. Wouldn't be a *huge* problem to create a program to sit on your favourite server, download the freely available government METAR data and convert it to MS format. I'm surprised nobody has done it (or have they?). Would be good on days that you need a backup

Pro Member First Officer
pilatflyr First Officer

it could be done, but I'm guessing it would be a pretty big hassle. Unless you know what you're doing, I wouldn't, but don't take my word for it

falko847 Guest

Could someone plz confirm, that everyone gets the error msg:

"Error downloading weather. Check your internet connection and settings!" (or similar)

I reconfigured my router yesterday and so far everything is working fine except the FS real world weather feature.

Thank you all for raising my hopes that it's not me who messed up!

Great forum!

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

falko847 wrote:

Could someone plz confirm, that everyone gets the error msg:
"Error downloading weather. Check your internet connection and settings!" (or similar) I reconfigured my router yesterday and so far everything is working fine except the FS real world weather feature. Thank you all for raising my hopes that it's not me who messed up!
Great forum!

Yes. Check this site ➡ http://fs2k.zone.com/ if you can't get onto it, the server is down.

Guest Ed Guest

There has been some very nasty weather up there in Microsoft land recently-- there have been hundreds of thousands of people without electrical power for days. Maybe that has something to do with their server being down. . . ❓

Ed

it is 02:07 EST and i think its back up

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...