Hardware experts help me run fs9

Pro Member Trainee
john (biello) Trainee

hey guys. im hoping when i upgrade to fs9 this week, that i can get some good performance from my rig. right now im running an hp...
Main Circuit Board b
2.20 gigahertz AMD Athlon XP
128 kilobyte primary memory cache
512 kilobyte secondary memory cache Board: ASUSTek Computer INC. Kelut 2.02
Bus Clock: 200 megahertz

with a radeon 9550 256md card

512 ram

and a factory soundcard.. Realtek AC'97 Audio for VIA (R) Audio Controller

im wondering what kind of performance i can expect with fs9, and what kind of upgrades you guys in the know may recommend, especially compatible graphics card. thanks for your time gents!

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

thats a nice decent computer. Maybe medium low settings would get you steady FPS. Try to upgrade to 1024MB Ram, and it will help HEAPS 😎

Hope this helps

Pro Member Trainee
john (biello) Trainee

thanks man. im planning on more ram, and hoping a 7600 after the holidays. ive gotten help from other places as well. looking forward to it. crappy scenery sucks

Pro Member First Officer
pilatflyr First Officer

yeah, I've got a gig of ram or soemthing like that. The other thing s that if you free up enough of your hard drive space your framerates will go up and you'll be able to hold some pretty nice frames. scenery drives me nuts when my frames are down in the teens sometimes. 😂

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

the 7600 is a very nice GFX card. ive currently got the 7600GS and i get around 40fps rain or shine 😎 all settings maxed

Pro Member Trainee
john (biello) Trainee

brownbox wrote:

the 7600 is a very nice GFX card. ive currently got the 7600GS and i get around 40fps rain or shine 😎 all settings maxed

thats what im dreaming of at this point in time. i thought id be able to get by with medium settings, but i just cant do it

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...