Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

WHAT'S THE BEST YOU'VE HAD ??? (Frame Rates)

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

Was wondering what the highest FRAME RATE figure is that people have had ?

I hit a whopping 92 FPS yesterday.... I was flying the Learjet, across the Dominican Republic with standard Scenery, but an add-on Terrain Map (from 'Holiday Resorts' add-on)....

All Graphics settings on High or Very high, where applicable...

Has anyone ever had a figure over 100 ?

Pro Member First Officer
Jason (Av8r77) First Officer

FL330

KATL-KIAD

FR=100-110

Only lasted a few moments though. If I hadn't been paying attention, I would have missed it.

MY FR is usually around 30-40 while on the ground taxiing. I have my settings set to med high-high.

They will sometimes dip down under 25, but not too often.

Pro Member Captain

Very similar to my ususal Rates, Aviator......

I'm generally happy if I'm above 25, and 99% of the time they are.... A couple of add-ons are hungry..... the worst I have is the Wilco Bombardier CRJ, which can pull things down to about 15 if I'm taxi-ing in a big airport...... but usually I'm near the 40+ mark, which makes for luxurious smooth flying - even with graphics set HIGH... Laughing Very Happy

The best plane for Frame Rates for me is the PMDG 737NG, which is amazing when you consider it has the best exterior model and the most complex Panel.

(No, I'm not on commision from PMDG!)

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I'm capped at 27 and more times than I care to say I drop drastically over a busy city like L.A. or the other day Sydney.
With my low level computer I doubt that I can get very high readings.

Radar

Pro Member Captain

It's all those old DC-3's RadarMan..... they're not very energy efficient !

Laughing Laughing

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

The-GPS-Kid wrote:

It's all those old DC-3's RadarMan..... they're not very energy efficient !

Laughing Laughing

ROFL As long as I can land them on a road Doh! when I can't find an aerodrome I'll keep the old bus chugging along.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

132FPS at FL 330 with MD-88!!!!!

No, i didnt lower the settings either

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

I generally get 30-40 frames in the air and 15 odd on the ground.
What systems are being run to get these fantastic framerates??

Pro Member Chief Captain

I've got a Dell Dimension 4800 with:

Intel Pentium 4 2.8Ghz processor

2.0GB DDR RAM

2-80GB hard drives

ATI RADEON X800XT Platinum Edition Graphics Card

Tommy the Guest Guest

The highest frame rate I've gotten thus far is 85FPS, with all the sliders pegged over to full blast. If I load real-world weather, frame rates drop to about 30 or so. With real-world weather and near any major airport, I'm lucky to see 6FPS. Overall, I guess my average frame rate is around 25-30FPS. I'm running an AMD AthlonXP 2000+ at 1.67GHz, 512MB of DDR333 RAM, single 80GB Maxtor ATA133 hard drive, and a 256MB GeForceFX 5200 video card, if that's at all important. The video card is soon to be replaced with a 128MB Radeon 9800 Pro, or a reasonable facsimile.

Tommy the Guest flies: Airbus A319, A320, A321, Boeing 717-200, 737-400, 737-700, 747-400, 757-200, 777-200, McDonnell-Douglas MD-11F, MD-82, MD-83, MD-88, MD-90, Canadair CRJ-200, DeHavilland Dash 8-100, and Lockheed L-1011.

Pro Member First Officer
Rambunctious First Officer

Cheezus! I better work my AMD64 3400+ with acres of RAM a little harder... my slider is set to 35fps Shocked

Pro Member Trainee
Pitt Trainee

I've got petium 4 radeon 9800 pro graphic card, 180gb memory 2.8ghz the best computer i've got so far and the frame rate is the best i've ever seen.

Pro Member First Officer
mako (makonnenl) First Officer

FEM,
jus wondering how much did pay for that card Shocked

Pro Member Chief Captain

$530.000 from compusa

HOT_1452 Guest

I have gotten 100 over water

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

I got a 89 a few days ago. Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

30-35 over sea,15-20 ground.

Greekman72

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

I think 40-50 is the best I ever got.

FEM,

How long ago did you buy that card? I think you got ripped off very, very badly....
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102492

You really should be buying parts off of newegg.com. Its cheaper, customer service is amazing, and you normally get better warranties that at normal stores.

Pro Member Chief Captain

I got it the first weeks it was out, and I was prepared to pay any price, so no, i didn't get ripped off, i just didn't care.

Pro Member First Officer
Barge First Officer

Ive got nearly 200fps.........................with FSFW95! But that was long ago!

j_wrieden Guest

i got 1340 FPs, here the proof:

Pro Member Trainee
Darren Elliott (darrenvox) Trainee

20fps is all ive ever gotten