Buying new computer. Is this o/k for money?

Pro Member Trainee
simon1 Trainee

I am after purchasing a new computer so that I can turn up the graphics a bit. Does this look o/k for the money?

The Vista attitude infinity

http://www.aria.co.uk/newdisplaySystem.asp
Any comments please!

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Nice, be sure that you can add more ram later on.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
simon1 Trainee

Thanks for your comments. The board is capable of 16gb max I believe.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

simon1 wrote:

Thanks for your comments. The board is capable of 16gb max I believe.

As long as they leave 2 more empty sockets for you and have a good power suppy to handle the new DX 10 cards.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
simon1 Trainee

yeah! I decided to go for the dx9 cards for the time being. They will have to last me a while now until dx10s drop to a reasonable price. I just hope they don't start releasing games just for dx10 cards yet. Otherwise I will have wasted a lot of money.

I have ordered the computer but don't expect it before the new year now.
I will let you know how it runs simulator x and if it is worth the money.
I couldn't decide whether the two cards supplied would be better than one top end card?
I am hoping they are as I can't see why they would supply two cards if one would work better.

I am not sure about the power supply it is either 430w or 530w. I have read of some users using 900w for two cards. I will have to trust the suppliers that the power supply is o/k for the job. I can soon stick a larger supply in. I usually build them myself and add bits. But that much has changed that I thought I might as well buy one ready built.
It has a twelve month warranty so if the power supply proves inadequate they will have to re-place it with something better.
I have 450w in my current rig but I am hoping the newer motherboards and processors take less power. I wasn't given the option of having a different power supply to the one stated.
I must admit I would have looked for something much better had I been building it.

Pro Member Trainee
skypilot2 Trainee

What does that convert to in U.S. dollars? Just curious if that's a good price. Does it come with a new monitor, keyboard, speakers etc.?

Pro Member First Officer
to_coolguys First Officer

skypilot2 wrote:

What does that convert to in U.S. dollars? Just curious if that's a good price. Does it come with a new monitor, keyboard, speakers etc.?

i think approx 2000 US $

Pro Member Trainee
simon1 Trainee

skypilot2 wrote:

No monitor. Not sure about keyboard etc. But I have them anyway.

Items are always much cheaper in the US. Everything is bumped in price for the UK. Everyone knows that we have a weak government that is taken advantage of.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...