do you guys know of any that are on FS9\

Thanks in advance

NIck

Answers 11 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Jason (Av8r77) First Officer

They should all be there.

I have flown in and out of Randolph AFB before.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I (because I'm a tail-dragger) have problems with the jumbo jets so I usually fly them out of KLAX and head north about 125 miles to Edwards AFB in Mojave, it's a huge base and there isn't any military traffic in fs9.
There are all the bases in the sim, check them out the strips are usually very long.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._Air_Force_bases

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Jason (Av8r77) First Officer

I have an addon for military traffic for mine, so my bases are usually pretty busy. I stay away from Moody AFB, Columbus AFB, Vance AFB, and Laughlin AFB. They are all training bases and it's nuts with traffic set at 95%

Pro Member First Officer
sylvan First Officer

Can you tell me more Av8r77? Where did you get it from?... ❓ ❓ ❓

Pro Member Trainee
Scubabix Trainee

I've flown into several military fields in FS9. The only thing I've noticed though, is that they will not allow you to taxi to parking. The only option I've received from ground is taxi to take-off.

Rob

Guest Ed Guest

I've landed at several around the world. I don't know if this is always true, but at some you never get Ground control for instructions to parking. You can land and take off, but forget about parking.

I think the coolest AFB is the Space Shuttle landing strip at Cape Canaveral AFB. It's HUGE!!! It's so wide and long, you want to cut the engine and flare while you're still about a mile away-- you feel like you're closer than you are, because it's so darned big.

And while you're in the area, you can fly around the Shuttle on the pad, and the VAB.

Ed

Guest Ed Guest

Oops, Scubabix beat me to it with the information about not taxing to parking. . .

And now that I think about it, the shuttle strip is probably really in the Kennedy Space Center, not CCAFB-- there is a strip at CCAFB, but it's smaller. I remember hearing on the tour of KSC that it was a political decision back in the 1950's, to keep manned launches in the civilian sector and not the military, so the shuttle launches from KSC.

Ed

Guest Ed Guest

The Shuttle Landing strip is "X68," and it is 15000 feet long by 300 feet wide!

Ed

Pro Member Trainee
Bello Trainee

like da av8tr said they should all be there b/c I've flown in & out of randolph, brooks. kelly, and lackland.

Pro Member Trainee
flflight Trainee

The reason you don't get a "Taxi to Parking" is because there aren't any parking spots. You need to use AFCAD and make some parking spaces for your appropriate plane size. Then you will get a "Taxi to Parking" option.

All of the military bases are in the game.

I have an addon for military traffic for mine, so my bases are usually pretty busy. I stay away from Moody AFB, Columbus AFB, Vance AFB, and Laughlin AFB. They are all training bases and it's nuts with traffic set at 95%

Where did you get the traffic for those bases?

Pro Member First Officer
Rambunctious First Officer

You're obviously not from one of those middle-eastern organisations, because they would enrol in a PPL course with TO-only limitation.

Jeppesen & google will help/.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...