Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

A good System for FSX?

Pro Member Trainee
azabro Trainee

I have just installed FSX onto my computer, and it is running okay... Anyway, I have finally decided, I am going to upgrade my system, not the whole computer, and was wondering what you would suggest, for ram, graphics cards etc. I don't hope the prices will be out of this world, I just want great graphics, and speed.

Current Specs: Embarassed 🙄
RUNNING SYSTEM: Windows XP home edition SP2
RAM: Embarassed 512mb
Processor: Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.40Ghz 2394Mhz
Graphics Card: Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller 512 MB, I think...

Any Help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks, And Merry X-Mas to you all! 🍻

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

More ram and I'd have to look up that card but a 512mb would be excellent if your motherboard can handle PCIe.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
azabro Trainee

How much more ram would you suggest?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

azabro wrote:

How much more ram would you suggest?

Bring it to 1 gig, more would be better.

If you are planing on getting Vista lose the 512 and bump it up to at least 2 gigs.
Vista wants one gig and will use more if you let it.
www.crucial.com
Radar

Davidicus Guest

I agree with radarman - 512MB RAM is really the minimum spec that you should have today as a gamer. Yes and If you're getting vista you will need at least 1024MB RAM to do the core experiences of gaming. Im thinking of upgrading my system from 1024MB RAM to 2048MB RAM just to cope with vista and the future.

Look on www.crucial.com find out what you need but don't buy it from them because they are well over priced - go on ebay it doesn't really matter if it's second hand RAM because you will not notice the difference lol because you cant see it when its in your machine but also there will be no difference in speed. But if you really want to get first hand RAM i would still get on ebay because I just bought a brand new 512MB RAM stick for 30 on ebay, the same stick would have cost me 60 on Crucial and 80 at Maplins! It's well worth the look. GOOD LUCK ❗ 😀

Davidicus Guest

You dont really need 512MB graphics unless your job is like designing games because 512MB in graphics terms is still pretty massive. 256MB is excellent for what you want. If I were you I would spend the money on 2048MB RAM and windows vista. But remember the golden rule for buying a PC, always buy the best you can afford. That way your system will last longer and keep up with the technology longer, in the long term saving your money. 😂 So if you can get a processor that is over 3GHZ, memory of 2048MB RAM and a graphics card of 512MB with a decent size hard-drive (over 250GB) running Windows Vista, that would be the perfect PC, a dream machine. 😀

Pro Member First Officer
Michael_H First Officer

Graphics Card: Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller 512 MB, I think...

If you can run FSX at all with that onboard video chip, then double (quadruple would be better) the memory, and get the best video card you can afford.

If you are not sure what to get, post your computer/motherboard make and model and we can tell you what type of card to buy.

as mentioned above 256 mgs of video mem. is enough. you are probably running now with 32 megs.