errors, errors, errors, its ridiculous. I REALLY need help.

NOTE: I have looked at past threads.

This is ridiculous, I have been trying to install Flight Simulator X for about 11 hours, I first downloaded it, and it worked fine, then I restarted my computer to get a clean boot ( thought it would make it work nicely ), then I got the blue screen, and it erased all the FSX files that were just downloaded.

Then I re downloaded it, and I got a 1722 error ( when it was done with the 2nd disk ) saying that a windows installer was not doing what was expected, or something of that sort, so I kept re in stalling it thinking something would work, and it didn't. So I finally looked into some threads, and I found some possible problems, so I tried installing/uninstalling some programs and such. After that, I tried to re install it, and I got a 1722 ( It was something to do with run time error, I THINK, I might be wrong), and it didn't even attempt to install.

This is so frustrating.

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Be sure to have all Windows updates, SP2, defrag and try again.
So far most major problems can only be solved by reinstalling Windows, updating and then install the sim.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
simon1 Trainee

I have had similar problems with other games ad I found out I needed to get the latest version of windows installer from Microsoft. Ran this and everything was o/k.

Worth a try.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/893803

Thanks guys for all the help though but,

Its not even attempt to install now, it says that is unable to install installShield Scripting runtime. (Error 1607)

help please, I really want to play this game. 😞

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...