Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

movable props: help

Hopefully this will get answered: I just got up to the commercial flight lessons, and I am unable to read the kneeboard for the Beachcraft Baron without my game crashing, so I cannot read the helpful controls. What is the best way to adjust the pitch of the props? I have a Saitek X45; is there a good button/dial/etc. to bind the prop's pitch to (i.e. control RPM)?

Pro Member First Officer
pilatflyr First Officer

check the throttle quadrant. that's usually where I go to adjust it. If not, some other people on here might know

I did find it under the throttle quadrat, though while adjusting that, i'm not radial scanning and I find myself drifting up/down a good 300-400 feet. Is there a way to bind them (and the cowl flaps while i'm at it) to a dial/hatswitch/etc?

Pro Member First Officer
pilatflyr First Officer

there is something there that adjusts the trims manually. you could use autopilot too tho. most of that can be found in the shift+# functions

Pro Member First Officer
lkw First Officer

If you want to use the keyboard.
Ctrl-F1 Min
Ctrl-F2 Decrease pitch
Ctrl-F3 Increase pitch
Ctrl-F4 Max

Pro Member Captain
ARD-DC Captain

lkw wrote:

If you want to use the keyboard.
Ctrl-F1 Min
Ctrl-F2 Decrease pitch
Ctrl-F3 Increase pitch
Ctrl-F4 Max

You don't ordinarily use prop control to adjust pitch, do you? Think
If so I must have missed something in the ground school..!

Its technically a propeller pitch adjustment: basically the way to set RPMs. I tried binding it to one of my dials, but it doesn't want to seem to work. I set it to my second hat switch (along with cowlings) and i'll give it a shot later tonight.

Pro Member Captain
ARD-DC Captain

I do apologize, I misread the original post. Thought he was asking about aircraft pitch instead of prop pitch.