Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Need help with display issue :/ -- SOLVED

Pro Member First Officer
faust1200 First Officer

Hi. I'm new to this site and before I beg for help I wanted to say hi. I haven't used msfs since my atari 800. It's come a long way! I'm also a real pilot but on to my problem. During flight or while sitting on runway, everything freezes for a second or two, the sky turns white, the vasi turns into red squares and any red text in my window turns into red squares. It lasts for a few seconds and goes back to normal. Another 30-100 seconds later it will happen again...and again. Besides this the sim runs mostly smooth. I have tried to adjust every setting on my video card, remove old drivers and install new ati drivers-several versions, switch to alternate ati-omega driver, use the original fsx.cfg without tweaks. Literally everything I can think of setting-wise and this problem doesn't go away. No matter what graphic-setting, resolution, etc.

FYI- I am running amd fx-57, 1 gig corsair ram, ati x800xt video.

This happens just sitting on the runway as well as flight. Any help is appreciated. Thx in advance 🙂

Last edited by faust1200 on Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total
Spam3d Guest

u seem to have checked the most obvious things like ur drivers and things. have u tried running any ther graphic intensive software to rule out a hardware issue? maybe the card is knackered 😕 ive had 2 geforce 6800's balls up on me this year. and maybe do a reinstall of fs9

Pro Member First Officer
faust1200 First Officer

Spam3d wrote:

u seem to have checked the most obvious things like ur drivers and things. have u tried running any ther graphic intensive software to rule out a hardware issue? maybe the card is knackered 😕 ive had 2 geforce 6800's balls up on me this year. and maybe do a reinstall of fs9

Na. I've never had any other video issues w/ games. Ive played farcry and city of villains and some others. I've also tried cleaning my registry. Still to no avail ... Crying or Very sad

Running Guest

I get exactly this problem when I have my graphic settings too high.
It seems to be worse with planes that have a cockpit that tries to display a lot and usually occurs when switching views or switching lights on/off.

I'm not sure what the most contributing factor is to this problem: videocard , memory or processor.

Try a plane with a less complicated cockpit and lower your graphics settings. Keep an eye on your framerate.

Pro Member First Officer
faust1200 First Officer

Thanks for the responses but I finally figured out what the problem was and you aren't going to believe it. I spent the better part of a day troubleshooting this it was the mothertruckin T O O L T I P S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Once I deselected them everything ran fine. WTF?!

🙄