plane missing

Pro Member Trainee
dudleydog Trainee

im missing the flying amphibious plane and the glass cockpit one. but the files are in the correct place. any ideas? because i dont have any idea.

Answers 15 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
dudleydog Trainee

checked it over and still dont see anything wrong, does anyone else have this problem or heard of it?

Pro Member First Officer
Charlie10 First Officer

Do you have your Settings sliders set quite high? If so, that can cause numerous and various problems such as you describe. Start out with your settings low and work up. Hope this helps. Please let me know.

Pro Member Trainee
gheib1 Trainee

If you have upgraded from the regular version of FSX to the deluxe version, you must keep in mind you need to unistall the regular version completely befor eyou install deluxe. I ran into the same problem with them not showing but have done the above to fix the problem. If you are also unable to become ATC then you will have to reinstall deluxe.

Pro Member Trainee
dudleydog Trainee

ok, setting slider is on meduim low, and i didnt have the planes before i moved them either, and i dont have deluxe, i have the cheaper one... anyone else got suggestions, cuz it aint looknig good for me right now. also would u have to do missions to unlock them?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Trainee
dudleydog Trainee

it should be, because its shown on the nox/cover. and without that and the grumman goose which is also missing, there isnt the number of aircraft that they specified on the cover. is there any downloads of the maule orion or the grumman goose that i could just put in because i would like to have them.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

dudleydog wrote:

it should be, because its shown on the nox/cover. and without that and the grumman goose which is also missing, there isnt the number of aircraft that they specified on the cover. is there any downloads of the maule orion or the grumman goose that i could just put in because i would like to have them.

There's a few floats here, soon there will be more than you want.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/96/fsx-general-aviation-aircraft/

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
gheib1 Trainee

dudleydog wrote:

You do not get the Maule glass cockpit and the goose in the regular version. As well you can not be ATC on a server...granted the goose is on the box, but it isn't there. It is an addon of the deluxe version only.

Pro Member First Officer
Charlie10 First Officer

As RadarMan says, "soon there will be more". I have a Cessna 170B with tundra tires, and a Stinson 108-3 that I added to FSX. I copied the sound from the stock 172 of FSX and they work. Since then I've done some tweaking on the Stinson (I'm going to attempt to put an IO-360 in it!). Good Flying...

Pro Member Trainee
Ogre_hunter Trainee

if you dont have the goose in the basic verfsion, why does it come with the files for it?? and im having the same issue dud.

dudleydog wrote:

checked it over and still dont see anything wrong, does anyone else have this problem or heard of it?

THe files for the goose and the maule are in there, I just can't fly them becuase I have basic, any ideas how to unlock/tweak so I can fly them?

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

--- wrote:

THe files for the goose and the maule are in there, I just can't fly them becuase I have basic, any ideas how to unlock/tweak so I can fly them?

No unlocking or tweaks, you'll have to buy the deluxe version if you want the deluxe features.

Pro Member First Officer
Charlie10 First Officer

After 30+ hours of installing/supervising FSX deluxe on several computers, I discovered aircraft and scenery missing with the initial install. After re-inserting Disk 1 and selecting repair, more than once (sometimes it would call for Disk 2), more airplanes and scenery installed each time. These were legit out-of-the-wrapper FSX deluxe programs. Doing the same with my own computer, I now have the Mackinaw Bridge that was missing before.

Cptn Cheese Guest

So nobody can even just modify files to just unlock the extra planes? It seems that microsoft shipped the extra planes, there could be a work around because all you would need to do is maybe "discuise" say the grumman as the cessna skyhawk and maybe the program will go on loading the grumman files, like the way you can rig up any plane with smoke or burning flames by adding the smoke system lines into the aircraft.cfg file for that plane.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...