Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

need help installing downloaded airplanes please!

Pro Member Trainee
bencefinta Trainee

Hi,
Could anyone assist me in installing add ons for the game. I recently downloaded the harrier and followed the instructions in the readme without any success. There is one bit that i missed in the instructions as i couldnt figure out what it meant, here it is:

"this are Xmail gauges and folders and folders autosmoke and hja_jet MUST be copied to the final Gauges folder of FSX

Sorry i am lost with that... any help please? Thanks in advance.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Trainee
bencefinta Trainee

thanks for the reply radarman, however finding the aircraft folder was not a problem, i have copied all the files to the folders specified; my problem is with this instruction:

"this are Xmail gauges and folders and folders autosmoke and hja_jet MUST be copied to the final Gauges folder of FSX"

im guessing because i didnt do this it is not working but i have no idea what it means....

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

bencefinta wrote:

thanks for the reply radarman, however finding the aircraft folder was not a problem, i have copied all the files to the folders specified; my problem is with this instruction:

"this are Xmail gauges and folders and folders autosmoke and hja_jet MUST be copied to the final Gauges folder of FSX"

im guessing because i didnt do this it is not working but i have no idea what it means....

Put the gauges into the main gauge folder and if you have effects put them into the main effects folder.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
bencefinta Trainee

that is exactly what i did, but to no avail... any ideas?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

bencefinta wrote:

that is exactly what i did, but to no avail... any ideas?

Aircraft in aircraft folder.
Gauges in gauge folder.
If that didn't work???

Post the read-me so we can see it.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
bencefinta Trainee

here are the instructions... i followed all of them as best as i could...

1.-Unzip anywhere you like.

2.-Copy the Harrier GR.7- 1(F) Squadron folder to the Microsoft Flight Simulator X \SimObjects\airplanes folder.

3.-Copy the Folders autosmoke and hja_jet contained in the Gauges folder to the Gauges folder of fsX.------ Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Gauges\Gauges
This are Xmail gauges and folders autosmoke and hja_jet
MUST be copied to the final Gauges folder of FSX

4.-Copy the archive fx_X35_dust.fx and fx_tchdwnblue_s.fx contained in the Effects folder to the Effects folder of fsX.

5.-Look for BAE (McDonnell-Douglas)BAe/MDD Harrier GR.7- 1(F) Squadron in the aircraft index when in fsX. Picture of the aircraft will appear

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I'm sure you did, they are very simple and straight forward.
The aircraft is there but the gauges aren't...odd.

Download again but leave everything in the aircraft folder.
This way you will already have them in the other folders but duplicated in the aircraft one.
Nothing to lose but time.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
FlatheadSmith Trainee

bencefinta (Harrier Gauges)
RadarMan (Download Again)
I would like to Thank you guys for your Forum chat because I think you have given me a solution to my problem. I am missing a gauge on my SR-71 download.
P.S. RadarMan, is that a DC-6 next to the American flag at the bottom of your text messages?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

FlatheadSmith wrote:

bencefinta (Harrier Gauges)
RadarMan (Download Again)
I would like to Thank you guys for your Forum chat because I think you have given me a solution to my problem. I am missing a gauge on my SR-71 download.
P.S. RadarMan, is that a DC-6 next to the American flag at the bottom of your text messages?

Yes, a DC-6, I'm a big fan of the DC-3 and all taildraggers but couldn't find one that i liked.

Radar

All times are GMT Page 1 of 1

Related Questions