Does ATC Really Screw Up?

Pro Member Trainee
hammerdag Trainee

I was just cleared for and ILS landing on runway 17l @ Dallas/Fortworth. I could see a MD80 doing what I was assumimg was holding short for me and then as I'm just about to touch down it taxis right in front of me Evil or Very Mad
I was cleary cleared for landing....has anyone else had ATC screw up like this ❓ It was going to be such a beautiful perfect landing Crying or Very sad

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
antone First Officer

Yes, ATC screws up 😂

I've had a few "odd" incidents...

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Yes, it happens all the time(FS). Look at it this way, it will keep you on your toes. 😂

Guest Ed Guest

Oh, yeah. Once I was cleared to land, and just after I touched down, I met an MD-80 taking off in the opposite direction. 😳

Ed

Pro Member First Officer
pilatflyr First Officer

i was on final to sfo, and right as I'm cleared to land, this stupid MD80 SOB sweeps right in front of me, cuts me off, and then gets clearance to land, and supposed to follow me on final...weird.

Pro Member First Officer
Odyssey First Officer

I was once cleared for takeoff so I taxied onto the runway and another plane decided he would follow me and hit me up the you know what!

Pro Member Trainee
CaptainEz Trainee

ATC Screws up i am yet to have a successful IFR to Hartsfield they always send me 50 miles off course

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...