Will this do?

Pro Member First Officer
Dan Young (dannyboy2005) First Officer

I'm planning on an Upgrade. IF i plan to upgrade CPU will i notice a more, quicker game play. E.g. Ground textures dont take a while to load and uk2000 scenery dosn't hold down my FPS.

I'm Planning to get:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Skt939 2.4GHz 1MB Processor
AMD Athlon 3200+
Ati Readeon X800 Pro
ASUS A8N SLI Deluxe Motherboard
1GB Ram (2x 512mb)
250GB Maxtor 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive

Thoes in Italic's are my present configeration, Thoes in Bold are what i plan to get.

What ya think? Will i be able to run FS2004, with all UK2000 Scenery, Ground and Flight Enviroment Pro installed with no hitches? What about at JFK? Do you think it will drop frams then?

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
wombat457 First Officer

dannyboy2005 wrote:

I'm planning on an Upgrade. IF i plan to upgrade CPU will i notice a more, quicker game play. E.g. Ground textures dont take a while to load and uk2000 scenery dosn't hold down my FPS.

I'm Planning to get:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Skt939 2.4GHz 1MB Processor
AMD Athlon 3200+
Ati Readeon X800 Pro
ASUS A8N SLI Deluxe Motherboard
1GB Ram (2x 512mb)
250GB Maxtor 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive

Thoes in Italic's are my present configeration, Thoes in Bold are what i plan to get.

What ya think? Will i be able to run FS2004, with all UK2000 Scenery, Ground and Flight Enviroment Pro installed with no hitches? What about at JFK? Do you think it will drop frams then?

Hmmm, not sure if this help you or not but I ran a 3200+ with a 7600GS (512MB) and 2 gig of Corsair XMS 128 dual channel DDR and was able to run FS2004 on HIGH with no problems at all. The main thing is the Graphcs card and to be honest I dont know about the add ons you are taling about. If I were you I'd bump my RAM to 2 Gig and that will probably give you hat you need, assuming the X800Pro is a 256MB card.

Pro Member First Officer
wombat457 First Officer

One more thing ... everyone gets carried away with FPS rates and wants more and more, the fact is that anything above 24 or 25 FPS is basically undetectable, so if you are getting 24 FPS or even between 20 and 24 FPS I dont think your problem is FPS regarding drop outs - its more than likely a lack of graphics power, which your X800Pro should fix, it should also give you a boost in the FPS area too.

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

remember, no matter how fast you make your computer it will never be fast enough 😂

I have pentium D, 3GB RAM Geforce 7600GS OverClocked, and I drop into single digits at lots of addon airports. Dont know why though 😕

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...