Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

How will these specs do?

Pro Member First Officer
mossy First Officer

These are the specs of the new computer that I am getting:
2gig ram
AMD ATHLON 64 X2 4200+ 2MB SKT-939 (dual core)
XpertVision 512MB RADEON X1300PRO PCI-E - Is this a good card?
250gig hard drive

It will have windows vista upgrade that I can choose to or not to install (is there anyone here who can tell me if it's any good?)
I wondered how well it will run the PMDG 737, and how well it will run fsx.
All help is appreciated.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Nice machine, you can up the ram if your getting Vista, I am and have 4 gigs.
If you can hold off for a few weeks, get Vista installed on the machine and buy a PCIe DirectX 10 card you'll be set for 3 years.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
pilatflyr First Officer

radarman's right. i just got a new system about a week ago, and it runs great. i can even get solid frames with max scenery on FSX!

Pro Member First Officer
wombat457 First Officer

You seem to have a good system, and your card isnt bad either - very good for FS2004. As for whether it is good enough to run FSX or not is another issue altogether.

I run a 4400+ dual core, 2gig corsair XMS 128 dual channel DDR, 650 watt Antec PSU and an 8800GTS (640MB Gddr3 + processor) and am pushing to get FSX to run perfectly on MED/HIGH across the board. Of course if I bump some of the settings back and loose AA and AF then I can push some other settings higher - thats only obvious. In general though, with your setup, I wouldnt expect to run FSX on a much higher game setting than MED across the board. The fact is, not too many people (if any) can afford a system that is capable of running FSX at its full potential. In fact I heard of one person that allegedly runs an FX60 CPU, 2 Gig DDR, and dual 7950GTS cards and they claim they could only get FSX to run perfectly at a MED/HIGH - HIGH game setting depending on the area they were flying. By the way, I do a lot of International flying rather than low level regional flights.