Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

aero commander has no guages

Pro Member First Officer
art lippel (effieveda) First Officer

i just downloaded the 680 aero commander and it looks great from the outside. everything seems to work just fine. it even flys. only problem is there are no gauges, only a panel. can anyone help?
thanks in advance....art 😞 😞

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

effieveda wrote:

i just downloaded the 680 aero commander and it looks great from the outside. everything seems to work just fine. it even flys. only problem is there are no gauges, only a panel. can anyone help?
thanks in advance....art 😞 😞

Take the contents of the gauge folder and put them into the main gauge folder.
If this is a 2004 aircraft the chances are that they won't work.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

thank you for you prompt reply. you are right. the Milton Shupe aircraft appears to have been made for 2004 or maybe 2002. looks like i should have purchased 2004 instead of fsx with my new wiz bang computer. there's just so much more available for 2004.

thanks again....Art

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

effieveda wrote:

thank you for you prompt reply. you are right. the Milton Shupe aircraft appears to have been made for 2004 or maybe 2002. looks like i should have purchased 2004 instead of fsx with my new wiz bang computer. there's just so much more available for 2004.

thanks again....Art

Give it a short while, there will be as much for FSX as there if for FS9 now.
Many are buying new machines that are capable of running FSX and it is like all new releases much superior to FS9 ( with the right machine and tweaking).

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

Thanks again Radarman,

You have given me hope. There's a future after all. 😀

Best regards...Art

Pro Member First Officer
Charlie10 First Officer

I have been working on guages, etc. for the 680E to make it FSX compatible. When (and if) I succeed, I'll upload it to Fly Away.

Pro Member First Officer

Great news Charlie10. It's one of my favorite airplanes and it sure would be a pleasure to have a complete working one in my hanger. So lots of luck with the project. And thank you.
Best regards...Art 😀 😀 😀 [/img]

Pro Member First Officer
Charlie10 First Officer

The 500 and 600 series Aero Commanders are beautiful looking and flying airplanes, but what a handfull with critical engine out. The simulator doesn't do it real justice.

Pro Member First Officer

Hi Charlie10,
I'm not a real pilot, but I can imagine what a handfull any plane would be with one engine out (especially a Cessna 172)!!! When I was in the Navy my ship, U.S.S. Lake Champlain (cvs 39) would have a couple of squadrons of Gumman S2F Trackers which looked similar to the Commander. I liked them too. Wish someone would create one for FSX but....oh well. Anyhow, thanks for the reply, and get to work on those gauges. You've gone and got an old man excited over something. I wish I was smart enough to help somehow.
Thanks again and best regards....Art 😂 😂 😂

Pro Member First Officer
Charlie10 First Officer

I have most of the gauges done in the 680E. I am, however, having a time getting ahold of the person I need permission from, since I modified his creation. There are some Aero Commanders in Fly Away (for FS9) that may be easier to get permission to modify. I can probably use the same modifications with little variation. Will try to get one uploaded as soon as practicle.

Pro Member First Officer

Hi again Charlie10...Just go ahead and do it. I give you full permission, The heck with all those other guys, I'll take the rap...even go to jail if I have to. Twisted Evil Hope they'll let me keep my computer in there. So good luck and thanks again for all your had work. Wish I could help you.
Best regards...Art Lippel