Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

I just don't get it?

Pro Member Trainee
skypilot2 Trainee

I am not able to figure out this add-on business and it's getting frustrating. I have downloaded a few airplanes and have tried following some instructions from Radarman. I have gone through the procedures and I still don't see the added airplanes anywhere in the game. Don't they show up in the select aircraft default folder once installed? I'm stumped.. I'm not too good with pc's but I can ussually figure stuff out eventually, but not this time. Help!!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Be sure that they are made for FSX and that they aren't textures only.
Look under the manufacturers name in the aircraft menu of the sim.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) Captain

You also have to read the installation guides in all the files you get.....once you learn how to install the files the way it is instructed, they get extremely easy.... so easy, a caveman can do it. 😎

Pro Member First Officer
Charlie10 First Officer

Skypilot2 - don't give up. Hang in there and follow the good advise. When it comes together and you begin to see the accomplishments you've made, you will really begin to enjoy FS

Pro Member Trainee
sinebar Trainee

skypilot2 wrote:

I am not able to figure out this add-on business and it's getting frustrating. I have downloaded a few airplanes and have tried following some instructions from Radarman. I have gone through the procedures and I still don't see the added airplanes anywhere in the game. Don't they show up in the select aircraft default folder once installed? I'm stumped.. I'm not too good with pc's but I can ussually figure stuff out eventually, but not this time. Help!!

If the addon is for a different FS version other than X you can't load as per the old version instructions. You will have place the addon folder in the airplane folder under simobjects. If it's for FSX then following the install instructions carefully will work. In any event make sure the addon goes in the airplane folder under simobjects.

Oops forgot to add that sometimes the they will show up as undefined with a generic icon. So if you are looking for the particular aircraft it's easy to over look the generic icon.

Pro Member Trainee
skypilot2 Trainee

I finally got 2 airplanes installed. Both had auto install built in to the downloaded files. I will keep on trying as it is kinda like I just got lucky on those 2. I have been trying to load only fsx airplanes at this point.