SearchSearch 

My system Spec

Pro Member Trainee
darrensen Trainee

Hi this is my current spec,

(Macpro running XP)
Core 2 Duo Xeon 2.66ghz 2 CPU's each dual core (woodcrest)
2gb Fully Buffered RAM
X1900XT 512mb GPU

Was thinking of building the following new setup.
Core 2 Duo 2.4ghz
2gb Ram PC8500
8800GTX BFG 768mb

At the moment i'm running a 19" screen, but am about to purchase a 24". This will obviously put more strain on the card.

Is it really worth spending the money on a new pc build or shall i just stick with what i've got and tweak the settings for now. Then maybe wait for the prices to come down on the DX10 cards? After all the other games i play (counter Strike and Battlefield 2142) play fine with this card.

Thanks all
Darren

4 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I have the Core 2 Duo 6700
4 gigs ram
(2)Crossfire ATi X1950 cards.

If I were you I'd wait for the DX 10 cards and bump up the ram. They may make a bootcamp setup for the Mac and Vista, that's the only way your going to get DX 10, it won't work on XP.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
darrensen Trainee

RadarMan wrote:

4 gigs ram

If I were you I'd wait for the DX 10 cards and bump up the ram. They may make a bootcamp setup for the Mac and Vista, that's the only way your going to get DX 10, it won't work on XP.

Radar

I could always install vista on my 2nd drive. It doesn't look like mac will have DX10 card for at least the next year!

What rates would you expect my machine to run FSX? Marks out of 10 lets say.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

darrensen wrote:

RadarMan wrote:

4 gigs ram

Radar

I could always install vista on my 2nd drive. It doesn't look like mac will have DX10 card for at least the next year!

10 being high, a 7 or better. Don't judge by the FPS I've flown smoothly at 8FPS in FSX never in FS9.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
darrensen Trainee

Ok i'll stick with what i have and pray that Apple release a DX10 card some time this century javascript:emoticon'😀'

RadarMan wrote:

darrensen wrote:

RadarMan wrote:

4 gigs ram

Radar

10 being high, a 7 or better. Don't judge by the FPS I've flown smoothly at 8FPS in FSX never in FS9.

Radar

😀 😀 😀 😀