Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Differential throttling on CH Yoke

Pro Member Trainee
CAPT Leo Wilmeth (5thgroup) Trainee

When I first installed FS2004 I went directly to the B737-400, being type-rated several years ago out in the real world. I immediately added the CH yoke, and had a great time programming all the buttons and switches. I assigned engine 1 throttle to the throttle lever, and engine 2 throttle to the prop control (the middle lever for those of you not familiar with the type). All worked fine, with differential power at my command through a flight demo we used for training.

After that month's programs were complete, and I had not "broken" anything, but didn't need everything to work right, I started to experiment. going to my first real-world type-rated airplane (many years ago) the DC-3. I still had differential throttles, making taxiing and flight easier and more realistic.

Fine, then on to my last real-world assignment - the King Air. Everything still worked.

Emboldened, I then went back to my roots - flying forest fire patrol in a Cessna 182 (since there was no C-185 available in the program). Ever since, I have lost the differential throttles for multi-engine flight, and FS2004 doesn't seem to offer me the opportunity to even reprogram the CH yoke controls for that option.

Any insights or suggestions?

Pro Member First Officer
Concorde105 First Officer

No, but maybe Radarman can help, Or look it up on the internet. Remember, Google is your FRIEND!