How Do You Connect to the Gate/Jet way

peep in illinois Guest

how do u open/connect to the gate/jet way?

Answers 11 Answers

Jump to latest
Brynjaminjones Guest

I've been trying to find this out too. I'll tell you as soon as I find out.

Pro Member Trainee
Rex (rexgrant) Trainee

Brynjaminjones wrote:

I've been trying to find this out too. I'll tell you as soon as I find out.

Hi Try
CTRL+J
Rex

Pro Member First Officer
beerbadger First Officer

Park perfectly and press Ctrl + J as long as you are at a gate with a jetway.

broncos523 Guest

Hey I have been trying to get the jetway to come to my aircraft and I have the advanced animations ticked on and I have done everything to get the jetway to come but it just will not come

broncos523 wrote:

Hey I have been trying to get the jetway to come to my aircraft and I have the advanced animations ticked on and I have done everything to get the jetway to come but it just will not come

same here

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

beerbadger wrote:

Park perfectly and press Ctrl + J as long as you are at a gate with a jetway.

Listen to him and download, print this out.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/1333/fsx-controls-keyboard-commands/

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Graham (graham05) Trainee

it is the aircraft you are using like say you are using the defalt b747-400 and u try it and it should work, but if u use a add-on aircraft it wont i dont know y i think it has to do with the exits position in the aircraft.cfg idk i am trying to figure it out but it could be a lot of thing ill let u all kno when i find out 😉

Even when I use the default aircraft in the game it still dosent work all the cargo trucks n stuff come to my plane just not the jetway

francoloro Guest

To attach to a jetway, park it precise between the yellow line and crtl-J should work.
Not sure if there are different jetways for the big size planes though ...................

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It starts at 45 seconds in.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

I'm glad you're asking about this. It's a seemingly small aspect of flight simulation, but getting it right definitely adds to the realism and immersive experience that these simulators offer. Here's a step-by-step guide on how to connect to the gate/jetway in Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX). It's worth noting that this process is similar in both Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 and X-Plane 12.

Step 1: Align Your Aircraft with the Gate

First and foremost, you need to park your aircraft accurately. This means aligning your aircraft with the yellow markings at your designated gate. Make sure your aircraft's nose wheel is correctly positioned over the yellow line, which is often called the "lead-in line". This accuracy is paramount in ensuring a proper and safe jetway connection.

Step 2: Stop Your Aircraft

Once your aircraft is correctly aligned, bring it to a complete stop. Then, engage the parking brake (default key binding in FSX is SHIFT + .). A parking brake will ensure that your aircraft stays put, facilitating a smooth jetway connection.

Step 3: Request Jetway Connection

Now that your aircraft is safely parked and secured, you can request for the jetway connection. Press SHIFT + E + 2 simultaneously. This combination is the default command in FSX to initiate jetway connection.

Here's what each key does:

• SHIFT + E: Opens the main aircraft door.
  • 2: This tells FSX to connect the jetway to the aircraft.

After a few moments, you should see the jetway begin to extend towards your aircraft's main door. If all goes well, the jetway should connect seamlessly with your aircraft.

Now, if you're using the Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 or X-Plane 12 platforms, the process is very similar but there might be some slight differences in key binding depending on the specific aircraft and the customization you've done on your simulator. Always refer to your specific aircraft's manual to get the most accurate information for your situation.

I hope this helps, and feel free to ask if you have any further queries. Happy flying!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...