Now is see why....

Pro Member Trainee
skypilot2 Trainee

You guys like FS9 so much and some are finding it hard to switch to FSX. I picked up FS9 on ebay the other day and just installed it yesterday. O my God does it run smooth with very high FPS settings. I have everything turned up to the max and no hick-ups at all. I am amazed at how fast everything loads. Damm I wish FSX played as well.

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
djcevera Trainee

i just recently built a system and now i realize i will probably never go to fsx im too happy with the performance im getting with fs9 plus there are so many great add ons out there now for fs9.

Pro Member Trainee
skypilot2 Trainee

djcevera wrote:

i just recently built a system and now i realize i will probably never go to fsx im too happy with the performance im getting with fs9 plus there are so many great add ons out there now for fs9.

Truth of the matter is after playing with both now for a couple days, I gotta say I do prefer the FSX. The graphics are just way to good compared to 2004. I am willing to give up a little extra speed for realizm.

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

people say they will never go to FSx, but the thing is, come the year 2009, when fSX is old, everyone is well into using DX10, and Windows Vista has become normal, FS9 will be old, just like FS2002 is now 😉

Pro Member Trainee
skypilot2 Trainee

brownbox wrote:

people say they will never go to FSx, but the thing is, come the year 2009, when fSX is old, everyone is well into using DX10, and Windows Vista has become normal, FS9 will be old, just like FS2002 is now 😉

Exactly!!

Pro Member First Officer
wombat457 First Officer

djcevera wrote:

Well said. I have both FS2004 and FSX and the graphics (reality) in FSX is pretty good, BUT, if you dont have a top line system then FSX does not run at much above MED levels. The graphics quality of FSX at MED is worse (in my opinion) than FS2004 set at HIGH levels. Not much point having a simualtor for the "reality" if you cant get that reality from your system. And, as said - there are so many add-ons for FS2004 (which are better in detail than the generic Microsoft stuff on FSX) that spending $120 AUD on FSX is a waste of money. Spend it on add-ons and you basically achieve the same that FSX attempts to achieve in FS2004.

Pro Member First Officer
wombat457 First Officer

skypilot2 wrote:

brownbox wrote:

Exactly!!

Good point skypilot 🙂 BUT, hopefully by the year 2009 people will have realised that Windows PC's are fundementally junk as a result of Microsoft software (not hardware) and most will have converted to an Apple.

I know that this is an FS2004 forum, but if you want to see a flight sim that reeks of reality and detail, take a look at Apples XPlane - it leaves anything that Microsoft has produced looking very sick and amatuerish.

I guess the point is that all games get old and become outdated, upgraded and improved, and the same will be said of FSX. I honestly believe though that FS2004 will always set the standards so far as Windows based PC sims are concerned. The only thing that will prevent us from playing FS2004 in the future will be the inability of software to run it - and you will be able to thank wonderful Microsoft for that!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...